Convert Auto-Dormer to Editable Parts

kwhitt

I've got several dormers created using the Auto-Dormer tool.  Is it possible to convert these into editable parts whereby I can change the roof to something other than the default?  Thanks,  Kevin

EXT_08-01-20.jpg

14 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

I can change the roof to something other than the default

Not exactly sure what you mean by change the roof.... if you mean material though you can just paint it whatever material you want without exploding

7 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

The explode tool only shows up after you select an auto-dormer

Explode.JPG

Glad you pointed that out.  I was thinking I was to use the explode block tool!  The changes I want to make are to the frieze board styles.  The standard frieze is too large to work at the dormers.  Thanks again!

21 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Sure, you can explode the auto-dormer... but you can signify a different roof type in the dormer dbx too

Mark - when I open the auto-dormer DBX, I have the attached choices to add a frieze, but I cannot change the size of it.  The main roof is using a 1 x 12 for the frieze which is too big for the dormers.  At the dormers I want to use a 1 x 6.  You say you can choose a different roof type, but I don't see where it's possible to change the molding details.  Am I missing something?  Thanks, Kevin

DBX.jpg

Just now, solver said:

You need to explode the dormer, then add your frieze.

ct1.thumb.png.d30e46584ce26df97b6bbe99462d0f48.png

Thanks Eric.  Yes, that's what I was getting at in the original post.  I guess I misunderstood what Mark was saying about being able to change these details without exploding the auto-dormers.  Kevin

4 hours ago, kwhitt said:

I guess I misunderstood what Mark was saying about being able to change these details without exploding the auto-dormers.

Sorry to leave you hanging!   Glad @solver was here earlier to get you straightened out!

You'd originally only said 'change the roof' so I didn't know what that meant exactly, hence I offered several suggestions.
After you'd finally said you were going to change the frieze, I thought you were all set on the path of exploding the dormer so I didn't say anything further!

• Upvote 2