Cannot Delete A Camera

dshall

I open OOB plan.  Build quick house,  take back clip cross section,  open camera dbx and SAVE the camera.  I changed my mind,  I do not want the camera,  I try to delete the camera.  I cannot delete camera.  I just realized this in the last few weeks.  I guess I never tried to delete a SAVED CAMERA.  Is this so?  Once a camera is saved,  it cannot be deleted.

Open this plan and see if you can delete the camera.  x6

X6 CANNOT DELETE CAMERA 1.plan.zip

I'm not on Chief right now to double check, but I think I've been able to delete a saved camera by deleting it in the project browser.

I'm assuming you are trying to delete it via selecting the camera and hitting delete?

Scott, I delete saved cameras all the time. Something else must be happening. You're not trying to delete it while it's open are you? I'm not sure if that's even possible to have that option while it's open. Not a the laptop right now.

I'm not on Chief right now to double check, but I think I've been able to delete a saved camera by deleting it in the project browser.

I'm assuming you are trying to delete it via selecting the camera and hitting delete?

I delete then in plan view all the time.

I just opened the plan that I posted with this thread.  Only the plan open.  I select camera,  hit the delete key and nothing happens.  I open project browser,  select camera,  right click, select delete,  nothing happens.

I think I have deleted saved cameras in the past....  I think..... maybe I was on a PC..... on a MAC right now,  maybe it is a MAC thing.

Scott, I'm a firm believer that strange things can happen from pc to pc. The latest example is that I was at Katy's office a few days ago getting a check and she wanted me to look at her desktop and see why she couldn't get the living area to display. I couldn't get it to display either except for using a macro. When I got home, I opened the same plan (from the dropbox) and got it to place first time with no problems. I have strange things moving or not doing right with a client of my own who us using a MAC and we interchange between his laptop and my laptop. Don't know.

I have a guess.  I even am willing to bet some money on it too. 

I bet that you accidently checked the "remember my choice" box on the "do you really want to delete this camera?" dialog.  Then you clicked "no".  Now every time you try to delete a camera, the program is remembering that you said "no".

You can probably fix this by resetting your messages.

It seems like this dialog should not have a "remember my choice" box.

I have a guess.  I even am willing to bet some money on it too. 

I bet that you accidently checked the "remember my choice" box on the "do you really want to delete this camera?" dialog.  Then you clicked "no".  Now every time you try to delete a camera, the program is remembering that you said "no".

You can probably fix this by resetting your messages.

It seems like this dialog should not have a "remember my choice" box.

How do I reset messages?