Chief Premiere Trial Version

ricatic

I have the trial version of X12 installed. I will be upgrading from HD Pro 2021 when economics dictate such a move. My issue is the automatic saving of my HD Pro designs as X12 and displaying both program icons on the desktop.and the subsequent auto opening of the file in X12...Is there a way to halt this behavior so drawings done in HD Pro open only in HD Pro...

Thanks

Regards

Eric

Thanks for the "open with" tip...The reason I asked here is because in my opinion the problem was tied to Premiere X12...

My intentions are when things pick up here in Michigan and a few more projects are contracted to upgrade. I keep practicing a bit with Premiere to prepare for the switch.

Thanks again...

Regards

When you installed the X12 trial version it changed your system settings to associate .plan and .layout files with the new version.  This is pretty standard behavior when you install a new version of the software.  If you would like to change the file associations back to your version of HD Pro, see if this help article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01131/associating-plan-layout-and-library-files-with-the-latest-version-of-chief-architect-or-home-designer.html

On a side note, you might want to contact our sales department to discuss your options.  We usually have upgrade discounts and a we also have a rental program that might make it easier for you to make your decision.

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:26 AM, ricatic said:

My intentions are when things pick up here in Michigan and a few more projects are contracted to upgrade

If you are going to do it , you might want to look at your options sooner than later as I don't think Premier's  Cost has been this low in quite some time, ( 20% off in current Sale) and I assume they still give you the HD Pro Rebate as well even when on Sale.

M.

• Like 1