How to use Custom Muntins in library?

bluesparrowllc

I have a palladian window in my design and I found some Custom Muntins in the core library in the Windows folder.  However, I can't figure out how to apply them to...anything.  I looked in X12 Help but it just gives instructions on how to make custom muntins.  I can "add" them to windows in elevation views but they don't appear in camera or plan views so I don't know what they are doing and what I am doing wrong. Any insight is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.7bc40a168f2ed77f74058da352a80bc8.png

Solver, thanks for the quick reply.  I'm not trying to create my own muntins; I want to use the ones provided in the Library.

I've seen that in the help file but where, and how, do I get the Load Muntins tool to appear???   I can't find it anywhere and I've looked everywhere i can think of. 

I've selected windows in plan, elevation, and camera views and the Load Muntin tool does not appear as the help article indicates it should.

Blah! I've spent almost an hour trying to figure this out and I'm getting frustrated and I think it's time for dinner.   

Try placing the cad block for the custom muntins from the library onto a window in an elevation view.  You will probably need to resize the cad block to fit the glass area of the window.  Then when you select the window, the Load Muntin tool should be available.

Thanks for the replies.  I couldn't get the Load Muntin tool to appear.  In desperation, I closed it all down, drank some coffee, made offerings of dandelion flowers to the squee baby bunnies under my porch and restarted the computer. 

Viola.  There it is. 

When in doubt, reinitialize the power coupling.  And don't offend the aforementioned squee bunnies.  ;)

Thanks again.  I'm sure it won't be too long before I annoy everyone with my ramblings....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is a great trick I never knew about, thanks for posting.

Do you think we'll ever get a chance to define the muntin profiles? Most good window companies allow you to choose a profile for these items - it's minor but seems like something that could be an easy add

• 9 months later...