Some windows and fixtures not showing in room elevation view

Fergie

Hello all,

I have a problem in "wall view" mode with a window not showing, while others are and a fireplace not appearing. They are turned on in display options. The do show in cross sections views. Attached are some pics. Thanks in advance.

room elevation view.jpg

Cross Section view.jpg

My guess is that you created the fireplace using walls and created a new room.  Wall elevations only show objects in the current room where the camera is drawn.  

If this is not the problem, then you should do as Mick suggested and post the plan.

If all else fails, then you might want to contact tech support for more help.

Its definitely because your using a room camera, another hint is that the cathedral ceiling doesn't show up either.  If you want all these things on your section, then use the cross section and narrow the view  with "clip to sides" in the cross section dbx.

Dermot,  I know we've suggested a fix to this in the past.  Is this a possibility of getting corrected on future releases?  A wall camera should at least show the correct ceiling, and not be based on ceiling height set in the room def dbx

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Its definitely because your using a room camera, another hint is that the cathedral ceiling doesn't show up either.  If you want all these things on your section, then use the cross section and narrow the view  with "clip to sides" in the cross section dbx.

Dermot,  I know we've suggested a fix to this in the past.  Is this a possibility of getting corrected on future releases?  A wall camera should at least show the correct ceiling, and not be based on ceiling height set in the room def dbx

Agreed. I'll use the cross-section view for that room. Mainly wanting if for window information/detail and was surprised that the window/fireplace didn't show in the wall camera but does show up in the cross-section. It just seems odd that it doesn't work similarly in both views.

Thanks everyone.

Dermot,  I know we've suggested a fix to this in the past.  Is this a possibility of getting corrected on future releases?  A wall camera should at least show the correct ceiling, and not be based on ceiling height set in the room def dbx.

Of course there is a possibility.  We have every intention of implementing all of the feature requests that we have received.  Given that we currently have about 9,000 feature requests in our database, and we are only able to implement about 100 of them each release, I would say the possibility of any particular one getting in the next version at somewhere around 1 in 900. 

Those odds actually get much worse if it's a feature request that we don't know anything about since we don't look for feature requests hidden in the Q&A forum.  The best way to make sure the features that you think are important are brought to our attention is to post them on the suggestions forum here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/8-suggestions/

38 minutes ago, Dermot said:

We have every intention of implementing all of the feature requests that we have received

In the overall defense of your case, I think this may be a bit of hyperbole.  As you know, it's a lot more complicated than that.  You obviously can't simultaneously implement conflicting requests and I would absolutely fault you for implementing requests that are obviously flawed in some way.