Default settings for mulled windows and doors?

CElder

Is there a way to set defaults for mulled window and door units?

Whenever I mull units together, my casing size and reveal/overlap changes from the default settings of a single unit.

I am not at the computer at the moment, but I think the size of casing that is applied to a mulled unit comes from the first selected window or door - or something like that.

Are you saying that if you manually mull 2 windows together (that have different casing sizes), the casing size is different than both windows?

No.  For example, my door and fixed sidelight both have 3-1/4" interior casing with 1/8" reveal.  That is the default setting.

When I mull the two together, the casing becomes a 5/8" frame overlap, so technically the casing would interfere with the door being able to open.  Why does it move?  And why does the DBX info switch from "reveal" on the single unit to "frame overlap" when it is mulled?

16 minutes ago, CElder said:

No.  For example, my door and fixed sidelight both have 3-1/4" interior casing with 1/8" reveal.  That is the default setting.

When I mull the two together, the casing becomes a 5/8" frame overlap, so technically the casing would interfere with the door being able to open.  Why does it move?  And why does the DBX info switch from "reveal" on the single unit to "frame overlap" when it is mulled?

I think I can see the issue now...... a 1/8" reveal is the same as a 5/8" overlap  , the difference is in how Chief uses Reveals on Doors and Uses Overhangs on Windows, I have no idea why the different names/usages, but Chief Sizes Windows and Doors differently so that maybe why?  similar to how a Window Jamb is called a Frame in Chief not a Jamb.... a Jamb is still a Jamb whether on a Door or Window.

*When you Mull the Units the DBX setting may change ? but in reality it is the same thing, did you perhaps use a fixed Window next to the Door instead of the newer Fixed Door ? Do you see some error in a 3D camera on the mulled unit?

M.