Multiple Floor Wall Details

BeachHouse1

3 minutes ago, BeachHouse1 said:

Yes!

You can either combine views in layout, or...what I usually do...

Cut/Paste Hold Position all the framing from one wall detail to the other.  The downside to this is that you have to check Retain Wall Framing for those walls or turn Auto Framing off. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

I always try to leave my wall section live, easier to clean up if there is a change.

image.thumb.png.dceca97181a7c29b4badbbc9f99a385c.png

image.thumb.png.6c4dacb16bb6ee08bf1163065f2868f8.png

Definitely agree with and learned this from Joey's awesome samples.  It works really well with adding cadd masks on top of it and you can set the cameras on hidden layers so you don't even know the cross section is there but have an extremely accurate section.

Just gotta figure out how @joey_martin adds those nice ends on the one sides of his plan view cross sections instead of the standard option or none.  I am using that look but adding an arrow line.  But if I adjust the end of the cross section line for fitting things in layout with the dimension lines I have to manually remove that arrow and place it on all floors.

21 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

They are just little CAD boxes set to the callout layer.

image.thumb.png.5aa3c48c94c5e198c2c461e7be8161f7.png

ok, so no way to get them to auto-populate or stay connected to the cross section line?  I need to adjust my workflow to add them later once I have sent everything to layout so that when I change where the tail of the cross section lines to be clear and not interrupt with dimension lines and be too confusing add the boxes at that time.    Thanks for the tip.

8 hours ago, CadArchitect said:

is there a tutorial on how to put an image like this together. i haven't come across one this detailed in the tutorial videos.

I personally haven't seen Joey's plan/layout files, but when I create views like that, it's essentially done using Back Clipped Section views.  Study and practice with the following tools and operations, and I think you'll figure it out:

• The Back Clip After setting for Cross Section/Elevation Cameras
  • The Clip To Sides setting for Cross Section/Elevation Cameras
  • Using Layer settings to control both what is displayed and what line styles/colors/weights are used for various items
  • Using the Auto Detail tool and adjusting the automatically created filled polylines/boxes as may be necessary
  • Adding your own Text, Dimension, and CAD objects to annotate and embellish as desired. 

On 8/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, CadArchitect said:

do either of you make how to videos? 

I’ve made boatloads of ‘em.  I actually make custom tutorial videos on a regular basis.  I throw one out from time to time for free here on the forum and have quite a few available on my YouTube channel (link in my signature), but I also provide them as a paid service.  Shoot me over an email to alaskansons@gmail.com if you want to discuss further and we can take it from there.  

@Alaskan_Son i watched all of your videos on youtube videos, very helpful. it would be nice if they had you make some of the official "how to" videos for CA, your sound quality is so much better. 

im trying to figure out how to make some of the call outs in CA like i would in AD rev

example of what im trying to achieve: 

notice how there's anchor bolts in the footing shown and the beams have a out line through the view. 

on the foundation example there are detailed depictions of the terrain that makes up the ground on both side of the foundation also the aggregate that's laid under the garage slab.

i cant seem to figure out how to do this level of detail in CA.

are there search terms that i should be using to find info on this. any help is very much appreciated. thanks for helping, you guys are a wealth of knowledge!

exter column call out.jpg

stone wall details.jpg

foundation detail.jpg

7 hours ago, CadArchitect said:

@Alaskan_Son i watched all of your videos on youtube videos, very helpful. it would be nice if they had you make some of the official "how to" videos for CA, your sound quality is so much better. 

im trying to figure out how to make some of the call outs in CA like i would in AD rev

example of what im trying to achieve: 

notice how there's anchor bolts in the footing shown and the beams have a out line through the view. 

on the foundation example there are detailed depictions of the terrain that makes up the ground on both side of the foundation also the aggregate that's laid under the garage slab.

i cant seem to figure out how to do this level of detail in CA.

are there search terms that i should be using to find info on this. any help is very much appreciated. thanks for helping, you guys are a wealth of knowledge!

exter column call out.jpg

stone wall details.jpg

foundation detail.jpg

I could definitely show you how to do all that in a custom video.  Again, just shoot me over an email if you're interested in discussing further.  In short though, most all of that is done using CAD tools and their Line Style/Fill settings and is sped up by familiarizing yourself with some of the various CAD productivity tools such as...

• Auto Detail
  • Polyline Union
  • Polyline Intersection
  • Polyline Subtraction
  • Trim
  • Extend
  • Stretch CAD