Computer recommendations

DMJRestorations

I am running Chief Premier 11 now, may go to 12 soon.

But I’m getting a new laptop, and I want to be sure I’m buying an appropriate machine to take full advantage of what Chief Architect can do.

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Will the laptop be your primary Chief Architect computer? Or is it for taking out to client presentations etc? or both?

I purchased a Sager, with a fairly high end graphics card that has works well, its a little heavy, but thats part of the price you pay.

I'd probably look for a laptop that is designated as a gaming laptop, they tend to have better graphics cards and more memory. I have a Sager, but I also remember I was considering an MSI laptop. Alienware is also known as having good laptops.

I just bought a Laptop that works very well with X12.

8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Total Number of Cores: 8 

Memory: 32 GB

Video Card: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with VRAM: 8 GB

Storage: 2TB SSD

It's a Mac Pro but the same computer with Windows would work just as well.

On 7/25/2020 at 1:04 PM, DMJRestorations said:

my primary concern is having an appropriate graphics card, Enough ram and such. 

16 GB min, I've got 32 and never seen it all used, get an RTX video card, 17"has more heat dissipation and gains 1"of screen width but a little less portable for job site. In the office I connect to 2 external monitors and sometimes a TV making size irrelavent 

There are 10-11 brands of gaming laptops out there. Almost all have both good and bad models, some better though.

That said I'm on my second Sager (Clevo-1 from Sager, 1 from Xoticpc) and likely getting an Evoc (Clevo) from Hidevolution.com shortly. I like the i/o ports and the ability to specify specifics for more than most. Typically I check the forums at notebookreview.com about specific models wading through the gobbledygook. You can call places like Hid and Xotic etc to speak with a human, (just got off the phone with Shane at HID very helpful) 

A forum search here will find lots of answers too.