Tool Bar Issue

RobUSMC

On 7/27/2020 at 7:08 AM, RobUSMC said:

The saga continues.... I reworked the toolbar and all was good in plan view ( see attached)  did an elevation view and the toolbar went crazy (see attached)  closed the elevation view and back to plan view the toolbar was good just the way I had set it up before doing an elevations

I have not read the whole thread in minutiae but do you realise each View Type has it OWN Toolbar Display Options?

ie : which Toolbars are on or off  in each View Type? , this is all highly customisable under Customise Toolbars 

-- right click any Toolbar ( empty space best sometimes) to customise or Lock them.

Customize Toolbars > Toolbar (Tab)  and if you want every View type to have exactly the same Toolbars then put a Blue Checkmark in every single column, this has the downside that not every toolbar can actually be used in ALL view types so Chief just grays them out ( why chief doesn't display them and toolbars "look" different.) 

* You still need to arrange them manually on screen while Customize is Open , I use a Custom Toolbar Config built off the Default Configuration - not sure if that help with controlling it or not?

** I also recommend keeping the Toolbars locked in everyday use so things don't "self adjust" , though even this is not 100% infallible it seems .....

M.

1930535313_ToolbarCustomisation-inEachViewType.thumb.PNG.2eb7cba53857d56e6fe631ba0ff0ef22.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

The next time this happens, try undocking and re-docking a Side Window like the Active Layer Display Options.  I've had one user report that this has corrected his toolbars every time he's encountered this issue for the past few weeks, avoiding the need to reset or restore from a backup.