Foundation Plan - Tables

georg102

What is the technical name of this foundation?  I know it's slab on grade but I'm mainly trying to understand why so many beams are required. These do not line up with walls. I concerned about the cost to my clients for concrete.  ( See attached picture)

What tables do you use to draw a foundation similar to the this one ( See attached picture) By tables I mean, for example, a beam span chart? is there some similar for this type of foundation?

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.20.31 PM.png

Edited by georg102
additional details

Looks like a slab on grade with thickened grade beams. 

As for tables...not sure what you are asking. 

Go to foundation defaults and select MONOLITHIC SLAB foundation option and that will get you started. Add the grade beams (thickened areas) as needed.

Thank you. I'm referring to the number of beams. These do not line with the number of walls. As for the tables, I'm looking for how to figure out how many beams are required. Tipically, foundational beams are placed under walls. This is just a grid of beams. 

Do you have the soil bearing capacity? What type of structure is this for? Are there interior walls?

Too many questions.

Also...Knowing what the difference between detail "B" and "B1" is would help. They are both exterior footing details, but there must be something different there.

35 minutes ago, georg102 said:

Yes, I know but a lot of designers draw foundation plans. 

This looks like a grade-beam slab on grade foundation which with the amount of grade beams looks indicative of areas with expansive soils.  Managed a large commercial project that had a foundation like this in McAllen Texas.  Grade Beams were 42" deep and 24" wide with a ton of #5 & #6 steel in them.  But in that areas the ground can swell up to 8" throughout the year.  I believe that is generally why in Texas ALL foundations have to be designed by an engineer only.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rgardner said:

I believe that is generally why in Texas ALL foundations have to be designed by an engineer only.

Lived and worked in Texas many years. Even in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area the soils are terrible; lots of foundation problems on older houses. Lots of work for foundation restoration guys though.