TV for conference room monitor?

Capehouse

Hi All,

In the past I've dragged my computer, monitor, keyboard etc.. into my conference room. Set it all up on the table with wires all over the place, and then the clients and I all huddle around the 23" monitor as I show them plans. Not very classy. I would like to hang a +/- $300, 40" tv on the wall and use that instead. I tries it at home and it looked pretty good but I was hoping for some feedback.

I'm not gaming on it or watching movies so I don't need world class resolution. And I can't justify $3-4K for a big monitor.  My computer is only about 12' away so I would run an HDMI cable and use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best, Mike

i5 4690K

GTX1660ti

Due to covid and social distancing I have mounted my old 50 inch tv on the wall in the office and run an HDMI cable to it. I have it duplicating my main screen, works great.

just need to figure out a method of quickly and temporarily changing the mouse to some larger brighter thing to make it quicker to spot.

I started using a 38" tv in 2008 

It works very nicely for doing chief work day to day and for client presentations

I was using a VGA connection as my laptop didn't have HDMI

but HDMI would even be better

for my living room I using an HDMI wireless connection to my 60" tv

when I want to sit back and relax while using the computer

Lew

I've been using a 40" Sony TV for clients for about four years.  I ran an HDMI from the computer to the TV.  It worked very well.

In the past, I had it mirror my monitor.  I recently updated the computer and bought two new 27" BenQ monitors.

Now I have the TV mirror one monitor.  I use the second monitor for the library and other tools. 

Sometime this year I'd like to update the TV to a 55" - 4K.

My new monitors have a resolution of 2560 x 1440, the present 40" TV is 1920 x 1080, so when I have the TV resolution match the monitor, some of the desktop is cut off.  If I have the monitor match the TV, the monitor shows a slightly smaller screen.  Hopefully a 4K TV will be able to match the monitor resolution.

I researched 4K monitors and the resolution made the text and menus too small on a 27" monitor.   That's why I went with 2560 x 1440.  I'm happy with that decision. 

I hope this isn't off topic, but in the new age of covid I have been using Zoom for client meetings. While in a Zoom meeting you can 'share screen'  and choose Chief. The other person or persons in the meeting can see your screen and they are even able to make temporary marks or notes. All parties can view and discuss the plans and changes in real time. I ask folks to use the largest screen they have for viewing (for project clarity).

This method is so convenient for me, and my clients. I will hopefully us this tool even when the restrictions of 2020 are a distant memory.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SteveNovato said:

I hope this isn't off topic, but in the new age of covid I have been using Zoom for client meetings. While in a Zoom meeting you can 'share screen'  and choose Chief. The other person or persons in the meeting can see your screen and they are even able to make temporary marks or notes. All parties can view and discuss the plans and changes in real time. I ask folks to use the largest screen they have for viewing (for project clarity).

This method is so convenient for me, and my clients. I will hopefully us this tool even when the restrictions of 2020 are a distant memory.

Me too. I'll never go back to the old ways.

9 hours ago, Electromen said:

I've been using a 40" Sony TV for clients for about four years.  I ran an HDMI from the computer to the TV.  It worked very well.

In the past, I had it mirror my monitor.  I recently updated the computer and bought two new 27" BenQ monitors.

Now I have the TV mirror one monitor.  I use the second monitor for the library and other tools. 

Sometime this year I'd like to update the TV to a 55" - 4K.

My new monitors have a resolution of 2560 x 1440, the present 40" TV is 1920 x 1080, so when I have the TV resolution match the monitor, some of the desktop is cut off.  If I have the monitor match the TV, the monitor shows a slightly smaller screen.  Hopefully a 4K TV will be able to match the monitor resolution.

I researched 4K monitors and the resolution made the text and menus too small on a 27" monitor.   That's why I went with 2560 x 1440.  I'm happy with that decision. 

Same here, I have (2) 43 inch, set to 2K (2560 X 1440)
I love this arrangement. the TVs are hanging on wall mounts in my office.  Ones an LG the other is an Hisence.  When it's time to take a break and watch Netflix I use the LG but the Hisence does a better job of being a screen.  

The 2K makes it possible to get a good resolution screen shot for quick prints to send to folks. 

Well plenty to think about. I will probably go with the TV mounted to the wall as opposed to zooming. At least for now. I like the idea of getting the client into the office. Makes for a better face to face (or mask to mask) connection. I do have a few overseas clients I could see zooming with though. Thanks for all your feedback!! Much appreciated.