Gray Ghosting

tds_cc

Hi everyone,

I attached an image of a weird thing that keeps happening to me lately. When I place a cabinet or a door or some other object, it sometimes ends up with this weird gray mass. I can't select it and nothing is there when I turn all the layers on. Has anyone else had this problem. I'm currently running CA v11.

Thanks,

Christi

WEIRD CHIEF THING.png

12 minutes ago, tds_cc said:

Hi everyone,

I attached an image of a weird thing that keeps happening to me lately. When I place a cabinet or a door or some other object, it sometimes ends up with this weird gray mass. I can't select it and nothing is there when I turn all the layers on. Has anyone else had this problem. I'm currently running CA v11.

Thanks,

Christi

WEIRD CHIEF THING.png

Please post your .plan file otherwise we are just guessing. It looks like a shadow, shadows need light sources, if you turn off all lights, does it go away?

2 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Please post your .plan file otherwise we are just guessing. It looks like a shadow, shadows need light sources, if you turn off all lights, does it go away?

No lights so can't turn them off. I tried to upload the file but it wouldn't let me - file too big at 44MB. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

That seems to be caused by the automatic light source being added to the ceiling right where the pitch changes.  Place a light source manually.

That was my thought as well above....

M.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This thread might help shed a little light on the situation since I think it's basically the same sort of issue...

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work.

59 minutes ago, tds_cc said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work.

Hmm.  Did you manually position a light source as I suggested...obviously not at that same ceiling intersection.  I’m away from my computer right now but before I posted earlier, I placed a simple 4 inch recessed light on the flat ceiling and it fixed the problem right away.

56 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Hmm.  Did you manually position a light source as I suggested...obviously not at that same ceiling intersection.  I’m away from my computer right now but before I posted earlier, I placed a simple 4 inch recessed light on the flat ceiling and it fixed the problem right away.

Yes, I also placed a 4 inch recessed light on the flat part and no luck. It's also happening in this other plan I attached - it's on the face of the broom closet next to the exterior door in the laundry room. Again a manually placed a light fixture but that did not fix it.

Concept_1_Hightower.plan

1 hour ago, tds_cc said:

Yes, I also placed a 4 inch recessed light on the flat part and no luck. It's also happening in this other plan I attached - it's on the face of the broom closet next to the exterior door in the laundry room. Again a manually placed a light fixture but that did not fix it.

Concept_1_Hightower.plan

It stops for me as soon as I add a Ceiling Light........

image.thumb.png.13e61852bf05b9a9f9929b7024995fbb.png

When was the last time you redid you Chief Template Plan as this plan has no Saved Plan Views and they are been around for 2-3 version now....

You apparently don't have the latest version of X12 either as I have to agree to overwrite the file with a newer version when saved.

Mick.

15 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

It stops for me as soon as I add a Ceiling Light........

image.thumb.png.13e61852bf05b9a9f9929b7024995fbb.png

When was the last time you redid you Chief Template Plan as this plan has no Saved Plan Views and they are been around for 2-3 version now....

You apparently don't have the latest version of X12 either as I have to agree to overwrite the file with a newer version when saved.

Mick.

We don't use the Chief Template. It's terrible. We created our own that works for us. We haven't upgraded to x12 yet since it has been hard to cross coordinate with the Pandemic. We will soon though.

The first time I added the ceiling light on the Hightower plan, it did not work. The second time it did. I went back to the Quinn plan and tried again but no success, but it's in a closet so who cares. At least I have a tool that I can try if this happens on other plans. Thanks everyone.