How to get house parallel to side property line

Stevenplane

Another quick question...

I'm trying to position this cabin so that it is parallel to the side property boundary.  I'd like to have 12' in between the porch and the boundary to have room for a driveway.

For some reason, I can't figure out how to use the parallel tool to make this happen.  (Or any other way)

Currently the house is at a slight angle to the side property line at 7'1".

Attached is a zip of the plan.

Thank you!Cabin Sketch 2 Plot Plan Version.plan

Cabin Sketch 2 Plot Plan Version.zip

You are doing it wrong.  Your PLAN is done upright, meaning no angled walls.  You don't first do it XY upright and then rotate it.

You place and rotate your terrain perimeter (building lot) the way you want it, with whatever setbacks drawn, the plot moved into place and rotated correctly to get the parallelism you need.  In the image attached, the plan is "upright," no walls angled.  It is the plot that has the angles.  

2020-07-21 10_03_44-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

• Like 1

What they said ^^^. However, once you're ready to rotate the property p-line, select the desired property line and double-click the make parallel tool, then click on the wall segment you'd like it to be parallel with.

• Like 1

Looks like I figured that out too.

I had written down the angle the lot perimeter had made with the North Pointer before I started doing all of this.

After getting the house parallel with the lot boundary, I opened the dbx for the North pointer and changed the angle in accordance with what I had written down.

My last question is that when I rotated the lot boundary, 2 "x" spots remained and didn't rotate with the boundary.

Any idea how to remove them?  I don't need them.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Stevenplane said:

Looks like I figured that out too.

I had written down the angle the lot perimeter had made with the North Pointer before I started doing all of this.

After getting the house parallel with the lot boundary, I opened the dbx for the North pointer and changed the angle in accordance with what I had written down.

My last question is that when I rotated the lot boundary, 2 "x" spots remained and didn't rotate with the boundary.

Any idea how to remove them?  I don't need them.

Thanks!

Those are temporary points, in cad tools there is remove all temporary points tool.

BTW just to add a tip.  In the future draw your north pointer with the property line and select it when rotating the lot lines to parallel with the house and it will be adjusted propertly as well.