create a layer that won't print

DianeP

Is there a way to create a layer that won't print?  Sometimes I like to put notes to remind myself of something I need to do on the plans, or copy and paste the text from client email instructions so I don't have to go back to the email.  Is there a way to put this on a layer where I can see it but it doesn't print?  At times I can put it off the printable area of the layout page, but other times, I have something circled and arrows with text pointing to the area that I need to get back to in the future.  

1 hour ago, DianeP said:

Is there a way to create a layer that won't print?  Sometimes I like to put notes to remind myself of something I need to do on the plans, or copy and paste the text from client email instructions so I don't have to go back to the email.  Is there a way to put this on a layer where I can see it but it doesn't print?  At times I can put it off the printable area of the layout page, but other times, I have something circled and arrows with text pointing to the area that I need to get back to in the future.  

Not currently but an often requested feature.

• Upvote 1

A few options: Put those notes on their own layer, make that layer really bright, like neon pink or something. That way it'll be very obvious that you've left it on and you can turn it off before pritning.

Or use a different layer set for printing that already has your notes layer turned off. Call it something like "PRINTING SET" and that will also be fairly visually obvious to identify before hitting print. Both require habits to be formed.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, robdyck said:

A few options: Put those notes on their own layer, make that layer really bright, like neon pink or something. That way it'll be very obvious that you've left it on and you can turn it off before pritning.

Or use a different layer set for printing that already has your notes layer turned off. Call it something like "PRINTING SET" and that will also be fairly visually obvious to identify before hitting print. Both require habits to be formed.

Thanks Robert.  I guess I have another habit to develop, lol.