gable frieze boards on one side but not the other

stevenyhof

I thought I would give a shot at uploading a video to YouTube and share it here to ask a question. Some times I can get wordy trying to explain some things with images, and maybe a video will be easier for some things. Here we go...

This is about putting frieze boards on one gable end but not on the other gable end. I made two roofs on the same plane and removed the frieze boards from one gable end. Is there another way of doing this?

Ok, the iframe link I added from YouTube did not work in the text - I will figure that out. So I uploaded my mp4 zoom video into the upload area. I think it worked...

It was a bad recording - trying again in a moment...

46 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

I made two roofs on the same plane and removed the frieze boards from one gable end. Is there another way of doing this?

I use a separate layer set for the rear elevation (for example) when I don't want to show some trim elements.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

This is about putting frieze boards on one gable end but not on the other gable end. I made two roofs on the same plane and removed the frieze boards from one gable end. Is there another way of doing this?

The separate roof method you used seems perfectly acceptable, but another way would be to use a molding polyline to build the freize.  
Roberts method works too of course.
Lot's of ways to do things with Chief

• Like 1

Thank you guys! The more I get into the roofs the more I like them - and yes, I'm going to admit even better than ADT. A lot more flexible and so far I haven't been stumped.  

You can even see I made a room divider and made the rear wall taller and put my roof back together! This is exciting! I'm really enjoying this! Now I need to get back to ADT and start my next job <_<

1.jpg

2.jpg