partial stair wall railing

ChiefuserMathews

Hi, 

In the Stair Wall Options: Partial Railing, Wall under Stairs, Stairwell (video 390 - image attached) the railing is wrapping around the wall at 90 deg. where as  when I do the same thing, my railing wraps around at 45 deg (screen shot attached). How is that supposed to wrap around? How I can change the stair railing to wrap around at 90 deg as shown in the video tutorial. I don't see a setting for that. Any suggestions?

image.png.c7d82242003d55565b383d206fc01cd3.pngimage.thumb.png.839633872cdc5223583ae169210fed33.png

Unfortunately, you're a victim of an evil spirit known as the Stair Demon (see pic), closely related to the ghoul that haunts terrain modifiers known as the Terrain Goblin (see pic). 

pzo9500-10-chuffy-jpg.111691

Stair Demon

goblin-1.jpg

Terrain Goblin

These devils will cause your model to do all kinds of weird things you don't expect and can't control.

The only way I know to exorcize the little devil is to offer a sacrifice of 3 complete stamped plansets from different, current projects in a fire made of 2x4s cut from the structural webs of the trusses on one of your houses underway. As the prints burn walk backwards around the fire chanting "way every in perfect is tool stairs auto the" 12 times, then share your CA software key on social media.

When your key is returned and you can open Chief again, the railing will still look like it does now.

In other words, I got nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrisb222 said:

(Sorry, I'm sitting in a parking lot while my wife shops and bored.)

Not need to be sorry ........thanks for the Laugh !  :)    ( it's funnier I think as there is some truth in it ! )

33 minutes ago, robdyck said:

For the life of me I cannot reproduce that 90 handrail either. I don't think I could copy that video any more exact than what I did and no dice.

*Haven't tried it but isn't that the difference between Railing Transitions and Smooth Railing Transitions?

Also is the Staircase built as two staircases or is it built with the new ( in x12) ability to break the staircase and have two different widths?

M.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Haven't tried it but isn't that the difference between Railing Transitions and Smooth Railing Transitions?

Also is the Staircase built as two staircases or is it built with the new ( in x12) ability to break the staircase and have two different widths?

M.

Transitions made no difference. It was a single staircase with a wall on one side that was not as long as the stairs and was partially under the stair edge. To be honest it was a bit of a weird video as it's less than practical to any normal situation one would find in a home. 

I finally got round to looking at the Video ( 390) , it was made in X8 , so I think this particular functionality was probably lost in the Stairs Module rework in X11 or X12.

However I have never seen in the real world it done at 90deg. the Stair Installer usually uses a Wye ( Y Turn) so the railing is continuous if needed for Code.

image.thumb.png.6cf0e8689b96a6fe5c0dc235f6181331.png