Overly complex roof

DMJRestorations

I am creating an original plan, and I have the floorplan essentially competed.  I tend to be very longwinded, but I'll try to keep this concise.  When I autobuild my roofs, the are outrageously complex.  I just want to create a simpler roof than it is giving me.  A 4/12 or a 6/12 would be fine... a mix of hip and gable, so long as it is attractive.

This is the first plan I've created that have wings that are not just right angles.  (All angles are either 90 or 45 degrees).  Having these wings at 45 degree angles has complicated my project significantly, but there must be a way to adjust the roof in a way that is attractive without being so complex.

I am attaching a few screenshots, as well as the plan itself.

On one of the images I have circled the areas of my primary concern in orange, and the areas of lesser concern in yellow.  The orange ones are the ones that I am most bothered by.

I would really like to have a peaked ceiling in the livingroom, from front to back, and possibly have that ceiling carried through the entry as well (though smaller of course)... but that is something that can be addressed later.

I am using Chief Premier X11, and I believe my computer specs should show up in my signature.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Scott

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Snyder_3C.plan

4.jpg

A technique that you see done on a lot of Florida homes (which tend to have a lot of offsets and angles) is to incorporate covered porches and verandas to square off the plan and make the roof lines potentially simpler.