CAD lines are not being sent to back of elevation in layout and overlap everything

ssimpsondesign

I am using CAD polylines to show a herringbone shiplap wall in an elevation view. I used the trim tool and the draw order tool to crop the shapes and send them to the back of the drawing so they don't overlap the furniture pieces. However, every time I send them to the layout view, the CAD lines are all on top. Is there a way to fix this?

Screenshot 2020-07-17 17.35.49.png

Screenshot 2020-07-17 17.35.01.png

3 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Making this more complicated than it should be. Use the backsplash or material region tool...

Yes.  If you use 2 of them and simply apply 2 different angled strip materials to each, you should be golden in all view types.  You can also accomplish the same thing by placing a break in your wall if you want to go that route.  Start with something like the Cedar Tongue & Groove from the Core Library, and make 2 copies of that material....in rotated to 45 degrees and the other rotated to -45 degrees.  Apply one material to one side and the other to the other. 

When you have a plain elevation view, this will happen. The plain elevation view of plot lines has no fill to cover the lines in the back. Color Fill, or shadows turned on may be a satisfactory fix. Otherwise, Rene and Michael are pointing you in the right direction. A material with a pattern will also allow you to send the elvation to layout using pattern line defaults so you can quickly change all pattern lines to a lighter color and/or weight if you'd like.

17 hours ago, robdyck said:

When you have a plain elevation view, this will happen.

The plain elevation view of plot lines has no fill to cover the lines in the back.

Color Fill, or shadows turned on may be a satisfactory fix

I just noticed this myself this week and had to send to Layout with the Color Fill on so some 2D Trees in my case would not show through the House , even though in Elevation the Trees were sent to the Back ( Drawing Order 38 ) and looked fine there.

image.thumb.png.20a552ad9e2838ac5ee632ec33c5f502.pngimage.thumb.png.9f48ca3b0e7092b3e35a7679c962991b.png  

• Like 1