Basement slab won't set on top of footing

gbattaglia

I'm new to Chief Architect within the last 6 months.  When I try to set my basement stem wall height to 97.5" with a 4" slab, the Absolute Floor elevation should be -106.125" but it changes to -101.5".  How do I get rid of the space Chief is putting between the bottom of the basement slab and footing?

image.thumb.png.6a94689831f08372f1ae06591ee7075a.png

If I set the stem wall to zero, there is no basement and it defaults to 4".

When I change the stem wall height it changes the floor height by a difference of 4".  If I put the floor at -106.125" it makes the stem wall 102.125.

10 minutes ago, gbattaglia said:

If I set the stem wall to zero, there is no basement and it defaults to 4".

When I change the stem wall height it changes the floor height by a difference of 4".  If I put the floor at -106.125" it makes the stem wall 102.125.

I would suggest posting your .plan file
I would also suggest inserting a floor for your basement, as it would make a lot of sense in this scenario.

The first thing I notice is that all your check marks are missing. When you set up the FOUNDATION make sure everything is as you want it so that you dont run into these messes, and so that you you can more easily detail these areas when that time comes.

image.thumb.png.2a89b79fade533a9f276b68b6e8c6b96.pngAll the little wrenches need to have red check marks.

For now....subtract 4" from the stem wall height.

2 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I would also suggest inserting a floor for your basement, as it would make a lot of sense in this scenario.

As someone that does almost only basements....that option is a no go. Too much extra work to have another floor to deal with. Basement is foundation, finished basements are easily taken care of with layer/anno sets.

image.thumb.png.97ab83d159bc96fee6a580798181d1ef.png

image.thumb.png.f32f4848c4f36ab1a5ebd4a2ff882a21.png

The problem is when I change the stem wall height it automatically changes the absolute floor elevation and vise versa. I thought I had the foundation set however this is an addition to a home with a crawlspace and a 7' basement.  The addition will have an 8' basement.  For now, I went through and reset the defaults and I was able to get the 4" to go away.  I had to go back and reset all my other heights.  Very glitchy.  Autocad user for 30 years and it's very frustrating.

Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

layer/anno sets

Therein lies my respectful disagreement, I only have one default(anno) set, views are saved with SPV's which save reference displays, which are immensely more powerful than default/layer sets alone.
Watch as I draw up a very quick walkout using a template plan with reference displays already set. 

• Upvote 1