Rafter Ridge Broken in Camera View

kwhitt

45 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Maybe uncheck the box that says "Randomly Display Structural Items".

Likely need the plan file to sort that one out if it is even possible.  Do you have a .png material applied ?

Thanks Chop.  Where do I find this "randomly display structural items"?  Preferences?  I looked in the camera view settings and prefs.  Attached is the plan.

CHF_Beacham_Shambaugh_REMODEL_07-17-20.zip

6 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Where do I find this "randomly display structural items"?  Preferences?  I looked in the camera view settings and prefs

That one is right about in the middle of the Comedy section to prevent you from crying by providing a little laugh.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

That one is right about in the middle of the Comedy section to prevent you from crying by providing a little laugh.

Ha ha ha...  Guess I was being a little dense there.  Thanks for wasting my time while searching for this feature ;)  Kevin

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry Kevin.  I thought it may have something to do with a very similar bug report I sent in yesterday but can't quite put my finger on the source of the problem.  It is likely tied to the same reason your walls will not build to the underside of the v-joint. Potential workarounds would be to drop the ridge rafter ~ 5 1/2" or replace it with ceiling beam or p-solid.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Sorry Kevin.  I thought it may have something to do with a very similar bug report I sent in yesterday but can't quite put my finger on the source of the problem.  It is likely tied to the same reason your walls will not build to the underside of the v-joint. Potential workarounds would be to drop the ridge rafter ~ 5 1/2" or replace it with ceiling beam or p-solid.

Thanks Chop.  You realize I was kidding, right?  In fact, I am still laughing about it.  Kevin

1 minute ago, kwhitt said:

Thanks Chop.  You realize I was kidding, right?  In fact, I am still laughing about it.  Kevin

Yes I caught the wink, but unfortunately someone else did not.

If you don't get a good answer here in a reasonable time frame I think that plan file should go to tech support.  If I have time later I will read through your other thread to see if I can come up with another idea.

If you add an air gap below your rafters it will allow the ridge beam to fill in but it also makes the wall issue worse... :wacko:

image.thumb.png.29a3b3fc3f89f6aaacf0a54877f35e11.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes I caught the wink, but unfortunately someone else did not.

If you don't get a good answer here in a reasonable time frame I think that plan file should go to tech support.  If I have time later I will read through your other thread to see if I can come up with another idea.

If you add an air gap below your rafters it will allow the ridge beam to fill in but it also makes the wall issue worse... :wacko:

image.thumb.png.29a3b3fc3f89f6aaacf0a54877f35e11.png

Thanks Chop.  I may just redraw them with a polyline solid.  Kevin

18 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Hi Kevin,  I got it......

Thanks Chop.  At least I will be able to save an image if needed before it reverts back.  I appreciate the video.  Kevin