Layout page Table

ChiefuserMathews

Hi , when I use the layout page table, why it cannot read the drawing number macro? every time I have to enter it in the label field in the layout page specification dialog box which defeats the purpose creating the macro in page 0. In the layout page table specification there is no option as well in the available columns to include.  Any help / suggestions?

11 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Do you perhaps mean PAGE number?

9 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

no. i mean drawing number.

7 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

What is the macro you are using on page 0

5 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

A-%page%

:huh:

You are using the Page Number macro and manually positioning a universal prefix.  What you're doing is pretty unusual and isn't something I think Chief was really designed to handle.  My advice would be to drop the manual prefix from page zero and just use the %page% macro along with the Number column, OR take advantage of the Layout Page Specification Fields and their associated macros.  Yes you have to enter them manually on each page, but they're also far more useful.  As it is now, it seems like you're using a prefix for no real reason.  

13 hours ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

A-%page%

I'd suggest using %layout.Label % Macro on page 0 instead  , and Label the Pages in you Layout Template as you want ie A#  ( the # will let Chief number the pages automatically) , once done in the Template Layout you don't ever have to do it again.

M.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I'd suggest using %layout.Label % Macro on page 0 instead  , and Label the Pages in you Layout Template as you want ie A#

I agree.  That's what I was referring to with...

14 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...take advantage of the Layout Page Specification Fields and their associated macros...

2 hours ago, dshall said:

I think he wants the prefix to designate the different disciplines,  i.e.,  A,S,M,E,P

That should be able to be done by using 5 different Template Pages

Although this is a very creative way to deal with numbering prefixes, it wouldn't solve the issue with the Layout Page table.  Plus, I would argue that it would take longer and be more complicated than simply using the Layout Label field.