Archnot-Boltz

10 minutes ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Thanks David,

so, would it be safe for me to take this topic to the Suggestions Forum and request a fix?-BB

What would be nice would be a UNDO like most other Programs have with a History Function you could step back as far as you wanted ( to your Set Undo Limit )

M. 

21 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Why does Chief rebuild the entire model for a simple 2d CAD Line edit?

When you are drawing 2d CAD items, Chief should not have to redraw the screen and for sure not re-build the model. I don't know if it has to do with the Polyline Solids which are 2d CAD that creates 3d objects and Chief can't or won't differentiate between the two? When CAD tools are activated or in use, couldn't Chief just deal with the 2d? Same with text. Text and CAD items show up automatically on layout sheets without having to resend so why not when working in model space?

• Upvote 1

@Archnot-Boltz This is a great question, and just as strange is how come sometimes the model gets rebuilt without actually rebuilding. For instance, I just modified a shower room to allow for the shower base material. All the fixtures have been moved accordingly, but the don't appear at the correct height until they are clicked and closed. From my vantage point, the model rebuild seems less than practical, or that it's not working correctly. I'm attaching a screenshot showing the before and after.

Before:image.thumb.png.0ccef3363318bc55774ec01eb6435b15.png

After:image.thumb.png.4e099f6dec19afe62883875f9ca4391a.png

It would be nice if Chief had smart Undo & display on a command line what actions it was undoing.

It appears as if Chief is just doing a partial save & restore. They do not save the commands they are undoing.

Just a guess on my part.

I have run across some actions that can not be undone. So my guess is they did not do a save during that action.