Roof options do not seem to do anything

stevenyhof

I have been setting up all my defaults and preferences, and also working with walls and setting up my User defaults, etc.

Today I wanted to begin to learn about roofs. However, watching the video(s) where I am shown where I can change roof options, like Full Gable, nothing happens.

Is there another settings that I somehow turned off?

~Thank you

25 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

I have been setting up all my defaults and preferences, and also working with walls and setting up my User defaults, etc.

Today I wanted to begin to learn about roofs. However, watching the video(s) where I am shown where I can change roof options, like Full Gable, nothing happens.

Is there another settings that I somehow turned off?

~Thank you

Just a quickie how to video on the basics of "auto rebuild roofs"....https://www.loom.com/share/21b8e84e29774066ae6a29c4db186c60

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, solver said:

See the Build Roof dialog. You need to build, or have Auto Rebuild checked to see changes.

That was it! Thank you Sir! Even though I read about this stuff, some times my mind does not connect the dots - quite literally! - So now I understand that that dialog is for roof defaults, not only to build the roof initially. 

And then there is manual roof building.  And editing.  And figuring out how to do curved roofs.  And crickets.  Rafter tails.  Shadowboards.  

And the interior side of things.  Pitched ceilings.  Curved ceiling planes to form groin vaults.  

So much to learn.

20 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

And then there is manual roof building.  And editing.  And figuring out how to do curved roofs.  And crickets.  Rafter tails.  Shadowboards.  

And the interior side of things.  Pitched ceilings.  Curved ceiling planes to form groin vaults.  

So much to learn.

I'm excited to learn it! I feel more confident with walls and foundations now that I have messed with them in challenging situations, lowered, daylight and walkout, and roofs are the next challenge as everyone knows there is a lot you can do with roofs in the real world. I know I should spend more time learning the basics - and I am working through the tutorial, but I need to know that the Chief and I will become good friends. Even the best of friends can give you a hard time now and then :) Thank you for your support here in the forums!