Default lables

dhurst

We are currently using X11.  Is there a way to change the default label set for cabinets (which we print 1/2" scale) and doors (which we print in 1/4" scale)?  I have the size currently set for in between the two scales, but it's often too small on my 1/4" floor plan for the door sizes and too large on my 1/2" interior elevations for my cabinets.  Can this only be accomplished with default sets and saved plan views in X12? 

We are contemplating updating our SSA and and updating to X12.  We currently have (5) designers and are thinking about adding (2) more, so this is a big expense.  Can we accomplish what we want right now or is updating to X12 worth the investment?

"Can we accomplish what we want right now or is updating to X12 worth the investment?"

Yes and yes.

You can have a different text style (using different scales) for your cabinet and door labels.  Just specify the text style you want to use in your layer display options (as shown by Mark above).  You will need to do this in the layer set that you are using for the views you want to send to your layout.  You don't need to use saved plan views but you may want to because they can help you be more efficient.

You don't need X12 to accomplish this.  There are a lot of reasons to consider upgrading to X12 though.  You may want to review the info about what's new in X12 here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/upgrade.html

I would encourage you to speak with one of our sales representatives to discuss the current sale going on and how that would work with your multiple licenses.

• Upvote 1