Can't divide rooms

AJ_Wrangler

i have a few different rooms laid out on a floor plan.  when i select the rooms it won't let me select the individual room, it selects the whole floor.  not sure what i did.  any help??

all walls are connected.  this is my 7th home design just have not had this issue.

thanks

Andy 

V10 

image.png

thanks solver..  

i checked all wall connections.   i ran the auto fix walls from build - walls menu.

i even tried to draw a simple box with exterior walls and a simple interior divider but i can't even select it to define.  it only lets me select the entire floor 

i tried deleting every floor but the top (very simple layout) but still no go.

laurel v3 revised topos.plan

4 hours ago, AJ_Wrangler said:

i am still trying to figure it out..  it may have to do with how i designed the crawl space..  something is not quite right.

You have marked many of the Interior Walls as Furred Walls even the ones not actually furring anything.....uncheck that and Rm Def. will come back.... instead make Walltypes with the appropriate Layers ie the 12" Block then an AirGap then the Stud then the Drywall ..... ( Pic.2)

image.thumb.png.a4bfc9331baac6340e62772ff0c62a3f.pngimage.thumb.png.3a61d916d0c31588ed55af870f562011.png

On 7/14/2020 at 2:27 PM, solver said:

It's helpful to indicate what you have checked, and to attach the plan file (close Chief first).

thanks for your help.  looks like kbird found a fault with furring walls??  i will get after it today.

1 hour ago, AJ_Wrangler said:

thanks for your help.  looks like kbird found a fault with furring walls??  i will get after it today.

The KB is always a good place to check if you have questions :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00181/creating-furred-walls.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00925/using-marriage-walls.html