Pool Water rendering

pgjacob

Hi All

I am trying to render pool water.  I have tried different things but I just can't seem to get it to look right.  The first two supplied are from "pool Studio".  To me these look fairly realistic.  I like the transparency and color.  The last two are my renderings.  I know it has a lot to do with the pool plaster material, texture, etc.  But I just can't seem to get a good pool water.  I have gone to the Sketch Up Club for good images.  Just looking for tricks and tips as I have been doing alot of pools lately..

thanks in advance

melissa

image.thumb.png.e188b3ff2c01e265c0f73b2949250917.pngimage.thumb.png.1d7d389264f2e24d7065331ea237637d.png

image.thumb.png.2ecba3905ee50a81d83c7c035b750035.pngimage.thumb.png.c69b4eaec5f043aba51e10b95f1f5e79.png

• 1 month later...

Well, since I got no replies I ventured out in VRay for rendering vs. Chief.  VRay (by Chaos) allows powerful rendering with less of a learning curve.  They also have great video tutorials.  One of the tutorials was dedicated to realistic pool water.  Five days into the free trial (Vray for Sketchup) I am hooked.  So less work in Chief, just getting the 3D structures set up, and import 3DS into sketchup and update materials, lights, etc.  (I guess I could learn how to build the structures in sketchup, but I still suck at using the sketchup tools...) There is a big difference in the photorealistic quality as seen in the images provided, and I am nowhere near to learning all the techniques in Vray. 

https://youtu.be/3xI1vXRFz4g

Here are two animations of the same scene.  One in Chief and the other using VRay.

Vray compare.jpg

10.png