rafters appearing white, not fir

Lighthouse

Hi,

When I generate a roof frame, the rafters appear as a white material, even though my rafter default is set to fir framing.  I can't seem to globally select them to change them to fir, the material painter just does one at a time.  There are hundreds....    How do I globally select and change material?  I tried locking all layers but rafters and selecting them all, but I didn't have the option to change material.

thx

17 hours ago, dshall said:

If you do not have a soffit,  the rafters assume the color of your fascia.

Put a soffit at your eaves and I would bet your rafters will be a fir framing material.

Wow, not something I would have found in a million years!  You the man!

I got excited too soon.  Actually, soffits were checked :-(.  I tried it with checked and unchecked, rebuilding each time, didn't change anything.  Oddly, a few of the roofs on the house do appear as wood, even though they seem to have identical settings to the roofs that appear white

• 8 months later...

I ran into the same problem after messing with a number or roof settings, so I couldn't figure out which one was the culprit.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:42 PM, dshall said:

If you do not have a soffit,  the rafters assume the color of your fascia.

Put a soffit at your eaves and I would bet your rafters will be a fir framing material.

This was correct, about the rafters being colored like the fascia. But the problem was not the soffit. I had removed the gable and eave fascia. Make sure those options are checked in the roof structure options. That fixed it for me.

image.thumb.png.79c9d9bd71bb23431f0699212a4a9ec1.png