Walkout wall effects the daylight

stevenyhof

I pulled the daylight walls down without an issue. I broke the wall where I wanted and in 3D pulled the wall down. good

Then I pulled the frost wall down on the side (walkout area) and that worked fine. good

But when I pull the top down (1) to the top of my conc floor (walkout), it also pulls down, (2) and (3). Is there a way to lock a part of the wall so it is unaffected?

Thank you

walkout.jpgaffect.jpg

So along these same lines, I have this all figured out, my heights are perfect for walkout and daylight.

However, on my elevation view, there is a line where the First floor siding is overlapping the lower wall siding. Do I have some height issue? The 3D looks perfectly

siding.jpg

2 minutes ago, SNestor said:

@stevenyhof - without the plan it’s hard to say.  You might open the wall DBX and make sure walls top is default. 

I will look at it. I am setting up Chief so working on getting all my walls and heights set as defaults so it is not much of a plan. 

So you are saying that it should not be overhanging that that?

Just now, stevenyhof said:

Yes it is

top.jpg

Yea...so my suggestion is not the problem.  Might check to make sure the wall is aligned correctly with the wall above.  Sometimes the main layers get screwed up when you use pony walls.

Click on the wall in plan view...and look for this symbol....2020-07-13_15-37-07.png.aa673a50120d53fba1663d5eba8261fc.png

I'm thinking it may be a foundation thing. Typically when siding is applied, it is put on an inch or so over the foundation wall.

When I check the floors between the top of the first and the bottom of the second, they line up, and there is no visible line on the hatch pattern.

sid2.jpg

Just now, SNestor said:

Yea...so my suggestion is not the problem.  Might check to make sure the wall is aligned correctly with the wall above.  Sometimes the main layers get screwed up when you use pony walls.

Click on the wall in plan view...and look for this symbol....2020-07-13_15-37-07.png.aa673a50120d53fba1663d5eba8261fc.png

Very good - I will check that

I set the main floor to Default to bottom and it seems to work - So maybe when it is over daylight and walkout wall with the same material as the first floor, you need to default to bottom so it is not overlapping like it does on a foundation wall.

wal.jpg

12.jpg

wal.jpg

5 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

the icon is no longer there - so it much be lined up.

Not necessarily  ( but probably in this case )  alignment could be wrong if wall is reversed or if the Wall is more that 1/2 its own width off the one above or below , then chief thinks it's deliberate and you won't get the icon. The Reference Layer may show it in that case? or put a BC CS Camera through the wall , by defaul Chief builds the Siding (stucco etc) down to the bottom of the Floor Structure ...and no further  ie the 1-1.5" hang down in the Real world.

* also check the upper wall bottom height height is at default if you were pulling in 3D?

M.

1 minute ago, stevenyhof said:

It did show up for this view, and now that it is lined up, the icon is no longer there - so it much be lined up.

Maybe I just need to start again as I mess with things that could be causing this. 

Two schools of thought on manually editing wall heights, I'll put one oversized check mark under the "don't manually adjust your walls" column. It causes more problems than it solves in my experience, especially when you're working through design iterations.

Also, you might consider making your walkout a floor 1 and leave your stem walls on floor 0. A lot more control that way IMO

• Upvote 1