More PBR issues

mtldesigns

Worked all weekend to get this done for a client to see first thing in the AM.  I am in PBR mode, and my ceiling/soffits are green when they are to be white.  I am doing a 59 second walk around for marketing.  The only way to keep this ball rolling is to do in normal camera view.  Any ideas on why its green?  I played with shadows and sun locations and nothing changes.  Never saw a green shadow anyways.. 

Capture SOFFIT.JPG

CS's thoughts are mine too , Lighting in PBR picks up a color cast from the Background Image eg Forest etc in this case but it could easily be Orange if a Fall or Sunset Scene.

Switch the BG to a sky scene and see if it changes color .....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

I am in PBR mode, and my ceiling/soffits are green when they are to be white.

Agree with the above thoughts, but also you could try the universal PBR band-aid... turn the sun off or way way down

• Like 1

As others have commented, it's most likely a color cast issue where the sun picks up color from the backdrop or terrain. The degree of color cast is dependent upon the intensity of the sun. Changing the backdrop or terrain may help but this may just result in some other color being cast and these changes may not be the look you want. As the degree of color cast is dependent upon the sun intensity the best approach is to find the right intensity, keep in mind that the realized visual intensity of the sun depends upon the PBR setting for Camera Exposure and Brightness. The lower these are set the higher your sun intensity will need to be, the problem here is that the degree of color cast is solely dependent upon the suns intensity, camera exposure and brightness doesn't really effect this. My approach to this is to first set the camera exposure and brightness to their maximum and then reduce the sun until I get the desired visual scene brightness, in most cases the suns intensity may be as low as 5 Lux. If for some reason you wish to have some level of color cast then you will need to start increasing the suns intensity, at the same time you will need to reduce the camera exposure to keep the scene from being too bright. Might take several incremental adjustments before you find the right balance.

• Like 1

Thank you guys... the back ground was the issue.  Don't know why, I've used this background before and never noticed the green.  The house soffit is a forest green, but this porch is white.  So I learned something new today,  Thanks again!

I saved this message for future use.

unit 4.jpg