How to make furniture visible on elevation view

Floriance

11 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

No trick.  Just figure out what layer it is on in the view where it is visible and then make sure that layer is turned on in your elevation view.

I went Tools - Layer Settings - Display Options. But I cannot see any result even if I will turn all layers on. 

If I will select a section view layer set and turn on there all I want, it anyway won't change. I still cannot see the furniture. 
An interesting nuance is, that the kitchen furnishing I can see all the time. 

17 minutes ago, Floriance said:

I went Tools - Layer Settings - Display Options. But I cannot see any result even if I will turn all layers on. 

If I will select a section view layer set and turn on there all I want, it anyway won't change. I still cannot see the furniture.

You may need to post the plan file as it could be an issue with the furniture and not the software.  Check it in the same type display view that it is visible in 3D maybe.

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You may need to post the plan file as it could be an issue with the furniture and not the software.  Check it in the same type display view that it is visible in 3D maybe.

I think my plan file is too large to post. I tried to do it. I'm sure it is not about the software but something that I'm doing wrong. 

I noticed an interesting thing. If I will switch off plants, they will anyway be shown in the section view. And when I changed the sofa to plant layer, it was visible on section view after that :)

6 hours ago, Floriance said:

An interesting nuance is, that the kitchen furnishing I can see all the time. 

Are you going to turn on that layer while you have the elevation view active?  It uses a different layer set than the plan view.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Are you going to turn on that layer while you have the elevation view active?  It uses a different layer set than the plan view.

Actually, I did so that with the layer painter tool I selected all the furniture and set them to Plant-layer because for some reason plants were always visible. 
I think this is certainly a good and the best way to do, but I got the wanted result after all. Later I changed them back to their own correct layer. 

Just thought I'd mention that EVERY VIEW ( camera ) whether Plan , Elevation, 3D etc has it OWN Display Options menu, and you can use the DO DBX or the ALDO ( active layer display options) to see which Layers may or may not be "displayed" ( a blue check in disp column). Note that turning something off or on in a particular LayerSET for example Section View LayerSet will turn it on or off in any view using that LayerSet.

If the ALL ON Layerset doesn't show something then the Layerset has been altered and some Layers don't have their DISP column Checked  ( opposite for All OFF Layerset )  so scroll up and down and make sure every Row has a blue check mark in the DISP column or use the Select ALL button and then the Display checkbox to set them all On ( or off  for All OFF)

M.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Floriance said:

Actually, I did so that with the layer painter tool I selected all the furniture and set them to Plant-layer because for some reason plants were always visible. 
I think this is certainly a good and the best way to do, but I got the wanted result after all. Later I changed them back to their own correct layer. 

Read over what Mick mentions here carefully:

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Just thought I'd mention that EVERY VIEW ( camera ) whether Plan , Elevation, 3D etc has it OWN Display Options menu, and you can use the DO DBX or the ALDO ( active layer display options) to see which Layers may or may not be "displayed" ( a blue check in disp column). Note that turning something off or on in a particular LayerSET for example Section View LayerSet will turn it on or off in any view using that LayerSet.

If the ALL ON Layerset doesn't show something then the Layerset has been altered and some Layers don't have their DISP column Checked  ( opposite for All OFF Layerset )  so scroll up and down and make sure every Row has a blue check mark in the DISP column or use the Select ALL button and then the Display checkbox to set them all On ( or off  for All OFF)

M.

When you changed the layer temporarily it may have allowed you to print what you wanted but when you swapped them back to the proper layer you will not see it in that view next time.  It is much easier to just open the layer set you are using for wall elevations or cross sections and turn that furniture layer on in the place you need it.

• Upvote 1

The layerset for each camera view is defined in defaults under "camera tools".  See attached pic...

Your layerset is probably not the same as mine...but if you look here you will find the layer that controls what your are seeing in your 3D view.

2020-07-13_16-40-27.thumb.png.51de57bc10a7c02e39a2b18d8b34f255.png

• Upvote 1