Bow Window Selection

Doug_N

Has anyone had any experience with bow window modifications?  On a bay window, you can click on the window that you want to change, press tab to select it, then press tab and you have an individual window.  No so much for bow windows.  I am trying to make the individual windows bigger, but can't seem to select them.

Anyone know the trick here?

Thanks Eric,

I was unaware of selecting only the rightmost window.  So all windows have to be identical?   In this case, the two outermost windows are casement, and the rest are fixed glass.  No way of doing that I guess.

Doug

Tab should select the first of the component windows.  Please note that all of the other component windows are actually just virtual copies of the first one.  There is no way to make them different using the automatic bow window tool.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dermot said:

Tab should select the first of the component windows.  Please note that all of the other component windows are actually just virtual copies of the first one.  There is no way to make them different using the automatic bow window tool.  

Doesn't work for me.

First, if you are still using 22.2, you should really get the latest update, 22.3.  A number of important bugs were fixed in this update and you're not doing yourself any favors by not getting it.

Second, if you are trying to select the component window of a bow window in a camera view, you need to click on the primary component window.  This should be the right-most window when viewing from the outside and the left-most window when viewing from the inside.  Yes, this seems strange to me but apparently, that is the way it currently works.  If you are trying to select the component window from a plan view, you should be able to click on any of the component windows.  The bow window will be selected first and then using the tab key should select the primary component window.

If this still does not work for you, then I recommend that you post a plan and maybe someone can look into more to see what is going on.  If all else fails, then I recommend contacting technical support during our normal business hours.

• 5 months later...
On 7/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, solver said:

I have no trouble selecting a window in plan or camera views. (select the right most window)

ct1.thumb.png.de859d27cdc8aff931d69a10cc017888.pngct2.png.88bf81b5a41472d289ec87fecbc51383.png

Wow, another dang "Secret Handshake"! I've been using Chief's inadequate bay and bow windows (as little as humanly possible!) since 1998 and still have to look up how to modify them if I haven't used either for awhile.

What does that tell you Chief? (either, I have a lousy memory, which I do or you should address the problem and make this tool or feature more logical and user friendly-and it's not my job to tell you how because I'm not a developer). Doug is a very experienced user and he has to rely on Problem Solver, although it may be described in the most recent manual but for me it was easier to search this forum. Many times in the past, I would bug phone support but today's a Saturday.

I searched "Suggestions" first because I know I've brought it up in the past but couldn't find it there because of an anemic search engine (many times it's easier and quicker to do a Google Search because they actually have a fully functioning search engine that doesn't ignore you if you aren't perfectly specific. Now, I'm going over to suggestions and again suggest that Chief rework both Bow and Bay Windows as they've never behaved nor displayed satisfactorily. But thanks to PS and Dermot for answering the question.-BB