Foundation service door cutout

stevenyhof

I still need to figure out daylight and walkout basement walls, but I feel I have come a long way already.

I added an exterior wall in the garage and it auto cut out the foundation wall - wonderful! However, it would be nice in plan view if it looked like my brick ledge step on the left with the hatch pattern. Maybe it's a layer thing - I just thought of that...

2020-07-10_105747.jpg

You want your plan view to have a hatch pattern at the drops for the doors?

I know of no auto way to do that.  Use a CAD patch if you gotta have it.

Walkout basements are typically done with a pony wall scheme, and you will need to manually edit in elevation or section view to pull the frostwalls down and do the stepping.  Goes fast, and it is easy to slope the footing undersides (actually sides) at the steps, if you want to match reality.

2020-07-10_1136.png

• Like 1

No auto way to do that. Make a CAD block for that and add it to your library. If its exactly the right size, you can drop it and snap to the center of the opening. If you make it a bit large and don't want to resize it, you can place it behind the walls using the drawing order tools, but then you'll need to explode the block after placing it from your library.

Its a silly PITA to have different blocks for all the different possible door sizes and this plan display needs to be addressed by Chief.

• Like 1

Its a silly PITA to have different blocks for all the different possible door sizes and this plan display needs to be addressed by Chief.

As far as I know, no one has ever asked for this before.

If you want the program to work differently, then I would encourage you to submit an actual feature request.  We don't monitor the Q&A forum looking for hidden feature requests.  To make a feature request, you should make a post on the suggestions forum here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/8-suggestions/

2 minutes ago, Dermot said:

If you want the program to work differently, then I would encourage you to submit an actual feature request.  We don't monitor the Q&A forum looking for hidden feature requests.  To make a feature request, you should make a post on the suggestions forum here:

Thank you - didn't know it was something that was missing :) I will write something up - Thank you!