Random items on my roof plan!!!

rwaldrondesigns

I have no clue what I managed to do, but suddenly random items are showing up on my roof plan and cannot be selected. A dryer (but not the washer), select shelves, a shower column, a towel warmer and a range hood. I can see the items in elevation, but cannot select them. I cannot see the items in plan view. I don't know how to fix this error if I can't select them and open them to see what may have happened. Has anyone had this happen before and know the solution? Here is a screenshot of my plot (and yes, this was timed perfectly to happen just before my deadline to get the drawings to the engineer, so I sent them to him like this explaining the glitch... omg):image.thumb.png.caccdecefebe84584a9f87ea3485b45e.png

Likely something was scrambled at just the worst time.  It should be controllable with layer settings if they are not locked.

Post the file and someone will likely provide the fix in no time and then you can rush the updates to your engineer.

You may have accidentally clicked the Modify All Layer Sets checkbox.

Not quite sure how it happened but you have a bunch of the items on the Roofs, Gutters layer which is locked and one other item on the Wall Niches layer. 

Also a random ceiling beam out at X 260" Y 282"....    That does not seem bad but your build is no where near 0,0  which is a good thing to check when starting a plan file.

LOL, I wasn't worried about the 0,0 because I'm basically supplying a few drawings (roof plan, floor plan, details) for a designer who is doing elevations, etc by hand. I have no idea how in the world that happened. I was literally getting ready to print and everything looked great, then I went back through the pages for a double check and everything was screwed up! Needless to say, I sat with my face in my hands for a while that evening.... lol.

Thank you for figuring that out. I swear, I've never even locked a layer!!!

12 minutes ago, rwaldrondesigns said:

Thank you for figuring that out. I swear, I've never even locked a layer!!!

Pretty sure that that particular layer is locked by default.  It can be manually unlocked but it is really strange that all that stuff ended up there as nothing else would logically end up there by default.