Brick Calculation Material List

blueriver

Can someone explain to me what the brick calculation in the material list is actually listing?  Is it the number of bricks?? For lap siding it says #ft (can someone also confirm this is linear feet?) but for brick it just gives a large number.  If this is in fact listing the number of bricks can someone tell me how to change it to perhaps a square feet calculation?  I need to note on this set of plans the percentages of lap siding and brick siding. 

Thank you in advance! 

15 hours ago, blueriver said:

Can someone explain to me what the brick calculation in the material list is actually listing?  Is it the number of bricks?? For lap siding it says #ft (can someone also confirm this is linear feet?) but for brick it just gives a large number.  If this is in fact listing the number of bricks can someone tell me how to change it to perhaps a square feet calculation?  I need to note on this set of plans the percentages of lap siding and brick siding. 

Thank you in advance! 

Look in the Brick Material's ......Materials LIST Properties TAB and see if it is set to AREA or Count etc, if set to Count ?

it is the Sq.ft Area divided by sq.in area of a single Brick = Count.

It is change able as far as I know to the other Options in the dropdown.

*edited for clarity pics below.

M.   

Define Material dbx for the brick material>Material List panel>Material List Calculation>Area.

Generate ML.

Similar for the lap siding if you want that to report as sq ft instead of linear feet.

If you want to change the units in the ML, double click the line item in the Count column.

Click on the dropdown and select an area format you prefer. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 5.20.01 pm.png

14 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Look in the Brick Material's Properties TAB and see if it is set to AREA or Count etc, if set to Count ?

it is the Sq.ft Area divided by sq.in area of a single Brick = Count.

It is change able as far as I know to the other Options in the dropdown.

M.   

Just to clarify, I think you mean the brick material's "Materials List" tab.

22 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Just to clarify, I think you mean the brick material's "Materials List" tab.

Yes , I was typing from Memory :)  should of posted a pic last night......

image.thumb.png.6f59b51797dee4660dad304d2136a3d0.png image.thumb.png.c9c28ff2d249c16d26f14bc1db3a2bd2.png