"3D Elevation" in Schedules

rwaldrondesigns

I love that I can easily create a door and window schedule with Chief, and the new (ish)  "3D Elevation" feature is spectacular EXCEPT that it creates so much wasted space and is difficult to fit on a page. I know that I can adjust the column widths, but is there really no way to make the row heights a bit shorter so that the image isn't floating in space (without turning it into CAD and losing all of its intelligence)?

image.thumb.png.00bfecbc420eccca4c20b8ed5fefc8da.png

If anyone knows a way to do this, I would love to hear it!

20 hours ago, rwaldrondesigns said:

I love that I can easily create a door and window schedule with Chief, and the new (ish)  "3D Elevation" feature is spectacular EXCEPT that it creates so much wasted space and is difficult to fit on a page. I know that I can adjust the column widths, but is there really no way to make the row heights a bit shorter so that the image isn't floating in space (without turning it into CAD and losing all of its intelligence)?

If anyone knows a way to do this, I would love to hear it!

Using the "Scale from Plan" ( something close to that name , can't check right now)   in the Schedule DBX sometimes helps sizing issues of the Symbols

*** The setting is Use Plan View Scale

M.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, rwaldrondesigns said:

Thanks Mick. I have done this, and it does certainly help, but not quite enough.

The other trick is to shorten the Column Title so that you can compress the column width.

image.thumb.png.0ab96e361f20b1b260f519fd2fdd5870.png

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, rwaldrondesigns said:

Well, that's interesting! I was referring to row height, not column width, but I'm not sure how you managed to get such a tight row height in yours!

Give it a try.  Reducing the width compresses the image and then allows a tighter row height.  It is the only way it works since there is really no height control other than font size.

You can go as tight as you want but then the column titles become the issue if you don't shorten the image title.  It usually needs to have a little size to be legible though.

image.thumb.png.cc8f09fedff5881238ff5a3963fad29e.png

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Using the "Scale from Plan" ( something close to that name , can't check right now)   in the Schedule DBX sometimes helps sizing issues of the Symbols

The setting is Use Plan View Scale.  I would take it a step further though and recommend unchecking Scale Images.  When you scale images, out of necessity, the images you see will be scaled to accommodate the tallest or widest window in your list and will result in tons of wasted space.  If you don't want that happening, don't use that setting.

Along these lines, here's how I dealt with the spacing issue on a recent project. I used 2 schedules, one just for the elevation views. Not perfect perhaps, but it helped deal with the space constraints of the page.

image.thumb.png.257bf0e5d56c1db49c401185d09673a2.png

11 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Along these lines, here's how I dealt with the spacing issue on a recent project. I used 2 schedules, one just for the elevation views. Not perfect perhaps, but it helped deal with the space constraints of the page.

image.thumb.png.257bf0e5d56c1db49c401185d09673a2.png

You can also consider using one or more Custom Object Information Fields along with text macros to place more information into your columns.  This way you're not wasting quite as much space in the rest of the schedule.  This example only has a few pieces of information combined, but I'm sure you'll get the idea...Windows.thumb.png.cb9e068719d1f7f13434633229192797.png