Just did latest X12 update and now ALL Manufacturer Catalogs are gone!

John_B

17 hours ago, solver said:

Make sure they are where Chief thinks they are.

And please update your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

ct1.thumb.png.4a69d446e5deb93d6c8b138b2cd7ad06.png

Eric,  before I make the change,  this is how mine is setup.  Not sure why mine is deferent from your.  What should I do?

834875643_ScreenShot2020-07-05at7_46_56AM.thumb.png.538b634d0ca309a0bd83bf8d4bbda627.png

Mine are still there with the latest update. Scott, You're using a Mac. Most things seem to be different when I help people on a Mac. Mine looks the same Eric's because I assume we're using a PC.

WTH....I really don't want to spend hours re-downloading them all....what happened?

Just updating the program should never remove any libraries from your computer.  You really haven't provided enough information to make anything other than random guesses.  Are you missing all of the libraries or are you just missing the manufacturer ones?  Did you update from 22.2 to 22.3 or did you update from some older version?  My recommendation is to contact tech support during our normal business hours for help solving this problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tommy1 said:

Mine are still there with the latest update. Scott, You're using a Mac. Most things seem to be different when I help people on a Mac. Mine looks the same Eric's because I assume we're using a PC.

There are differences for MAC vs PC , but it appears Eric has moved his Win 10 Documents or User Folder to his D:\ drive. ( data drive )  this is fairly common especially if you have a small SSD for eg. 128 or 256GB and want more space for Programs, they would normally be on C:\ Drive. Personally I have also moved my Pictures, Videos, Music and other "Library" folders to my Data Drive as well.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74942-move-location-pictures-folder-windows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74966-move-location-music-folder-windows-10-a.html

20 hours ago, John_B said:

WTH....I really don't want to spend hours re-downloading them all....what happened?

Also make sure you haven't accidently Filtered Manufacturers out, if you are using Filters   ...in the search bar at the top of the library.

this may help too....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00091/backing-up-and-restoring-library-content.html

M

4 hours ago, John_B said:

Thanks guys and Kbird1, I went to my hidden Files where the Program Data resides but the bulk of the files are simply gone.....very strange

If you are going to call Tech Support in the Morning , DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING....  let them look at the situation 1st.

You read the warning right ?  :)   and from now on make sure to save all downloads on a USB drive or similar....

do you still have x11 installed?   new in X12 is an option to re-run the Migration in Preferences > Reset  , maybe worth a shot , just uncheck everything except the libraries.

If it brings them over , then go to Library > Update Catalogs and it should update them all to the most current X12 files.

M.

image.thumb.png.dab75b193a385cf956d95c40bbf743fb.png

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

You read the warning right ?  :)   and from now on make sure to save all downloads on a USB drive or similar....

I heartily agree, I back up all my library files, cab files and user libraries to a second hard drive AND to my One Drive cloud storage. I have on my PC active versions from 7 to 22 on my PC and all their installation, library files and other necessary files so If my PC dies, I have my laptop with all the same apps on it plus Cloud and hard drive back ups. I have been there and done that. I do NOT need Tech Support unless the World Ends of some such. You, of  course are free to do as YOU wish.

DJP 

Thanks for the options and additional input folks, unfortunately I have always deleted the .calibz files.  What's interesting is that I did find the the Program Data Hidden Files and there were only a handful of .calibz files there....very strange, oh well lesson learned because I did a file search on my 2TB back-up drive and there is nothing there either.

53 minutes ago, John_B said:

Thanks for the options and additional input folks, unfortunately I have always deleted the .calibz files.  What's interesting is that I did find the the Program Data Hidden Files and there were only a handful of .calibz files there....very strange, oh well lesson learned because I did a file search on my 2TB back-up drive and there is nothing there either.

As you save them to your 2TB drive in the future , DON"T change the name of the file it downloads with, this (can) causes Chief's Auto Update feature not to update those Libraries in the future , at least that was my experience in past versions, and I was told  me giving some of them more descriptive names was the cause.

M.

3 hours ago, John_B said:

John, do you use DropBox or Carbonite? DB has a version/history feature that allows recovering older versions and CArbonite backs up everything..

47 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

John, do you use DropBox or Carbonite? DB has a version/history feature that allows recovering older versions and CArbonite backs up everything..

Yes, I have OneDrive so I just need an e-mail address to share a Folder with, that would be awesome!

28 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Does OneDrive have versions or history you can revert to? Depends on where your files were originally located.

My files are not backed up on OneDrive, I have them backed up on a 2TB hard-drive and as I mentioned earlier, I don't see anything on it after a complete search