Hatching

ChiefuserMathews

5 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

I need only near the inside perimeter of the outline

So cut a hole inside the perimeter, or shrink the polyline to the size you want and wrap it around the inside of the walls.

BTW...it's just a hatch pattern. IS there an "auto" way to do it? No. Is it time consuming...ehh..probably, but can be done really easily.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

Robert, thanks for your reply. But if you look into my attachment hatching is not covered the whole area. I need only near the inside perimeter of the outline

What he was saying is you can do the polyline then break it and form it to the area you want.

---

Joey beat me to it and explained other easy ways to do it as well.

Joey, thanks for all your help. But I could not achieve that. I selected the outside polyline used the fill style pattern. But how did you created the hole without displaying the interior lines. Thats where I am struggling with. Could you please explain. Sorry to bother you, I am not an expert in CA.

1 minute ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

Thanks Robert, I tried that. But the inside polyline remains there, which I dont want to see

Then you're doing it wrong. The inner polyline will inherit the line style settings of the outer line.

Just now, ChiefuserMathews said:

Thats what I dont get it. Yes it is inheriting the line style setting of the outer line. Could you please guide me?

Just select the 'invisible' line style for the polyline. It should be the 6th choice from the top of the drop down menu

image.thumb.png.1ddea60767d41dc428f5b323a8d2330c.png

But, even when I cut a hole, I just select the left over polyline, and make the line the same color as my background, and set the lineweight to 0.

When you made the hole, did you tell it to DELETE THE ORIGINAL POLYLINE when it asked you to? You will need to let it delete that original so that you are only left with what you want.

hatch 2.png

hatch 3.jpg

Is it possible you have separate copies in the same place and that is why you are seeing it even though the one shows the invisible line style?

Joey's method of doing separate boxes (set the one and copy around the border) then joining them all together seems like the easiest way unless you have a very rectangular room without a lot of jogs to it.