New ChiefTalk

tommy1

at 125% zoom I still have to scroll to the right to see all of the forum

this is going to be a PITA for me :(

I just had cataract surgery so maybe when I get my new glasses

I can use 100% zoom and it won't be an issue

CA if you can fix this please consider doing so for us "old farts" who have failing eyesite

Lew

At the bottom of the site there is a 'Change Theme' option. Change this to the mobile option and it should resize and position everything based on your resolution as it would for a mobile device. Might make things easier for now. :)

At the top of the thread there is an option to go to the first unread post. That is the best I've found so far. No way to sort by post date within a thread.

Yeah Kirk, hate to complain, but this format is not too user friendly, especially for those of us who are constantly checking in.

Can you imagine going to the SHOW YOUR GOODIES THREAD and having to comb thru all 11000 posts to get to the end?

I'm not liking this at all.  It's similar to the transition that I've just made to Windows 8;  a completely unsatisfying, arbitrary change for no apparent reason .

I'm adjusting to windows 8; which is just plain user hostile.  I'm adjusting to a new version of the program; which I like, but has a learning curve.  And now I have to adjust to a new forum software which seems less capable, AND will eventually eliminate a very useful archive.

I'm feeling that change is inevitable, but not necessarily good.

I'm not seeing any upside to this change from a user standpoint. 

so what happened to the New Thread button ???

I can reply to threads but not start a new one ???

Lew

Lew,

There is a Start New Topic button on the right hand side at the top (and bottom) of each forum's main page.

Very similar to the Post New Thread button on the left hand side at the top of each forum's main page on the old board.

The new board works pretty well much the same as the old one.

I'm just testing and going for a higher post count. I got to get a newer picture, that one makes me look so old. hope I don't get a warning point

Perry  you handsome devil,  I tried getting a  picture of me up,  but it is always to big of a file....  any tips?