Mirror a Layout?

ShaneM87

19 minutes ago, ShaneM87 said:

Hi there, relatively new to Chief Architect. I need to mirror a floor plan, but I'm wondering it it is possible to simply mirror the layout rather than the .plan file. Any thoughts? 

image.thumb.png.fe440cad90d7dae6193f081935a5e318.pngIt's one click for it to be done in the plan file automatically.

• Like 1

Search the forum for this topic; several comments on various ways to do this. Some work better than others in certain areas (explained in some of the replies), but your text will almost always have to be adjusted some; as they say, "Your results may vary."

30 minutes ago, Kiwideziner said:

The reverse plan is dangerous to use. Use the edit area all floors tool then you can mirror, rotate, move. To date using this tool I have had no problems

There are definitely different ways of doing it but I believe Chief designed this tool to use as it has the least amount of problems.  I personally although having to adjust some dimensions or annotations occasionally have never had a problem using this.  I have seen more issues with non-experienced users using the edit area tool to adjust it than the reverse plan if you simply want to switch the plan side to side.

22 minutes ago, Kiwideziner said:

Ryan

the mirror tool is an ancient tool and was 'replaced' by the edit areas tool 5 or 6 years ago if my memory is correct. They however did not remove the mirror tool.

Are you talking about the reverse plan tool?

4 hours ago, glennw said:

Graeme,

Why so?

The rotate plan tool is the dangerous one!

That is true rotate plan can cause serious issues such as X and Y being swapped or the direction instead of clockwise to counterclockwise.

9 hours ago, glennw said:

The rotate plan tool is the dangerous one!

It's actually the Rotate Plan View tool, and it's only a problem if you're using it for an unintended purpose.

It really really irks me that they placed that tool right next to the Reverse plan tool.  They had moved it to where it lived exclusively with the Plan View tools for a while (where it really belongs IMO) and to where it was separated from the Reverse Plan tool, but for whatever reason, they put them back together where they can easily mess up the unaware.  I'm sure this isn't really the case, but it almost feels like someone is trying to sabotage the tool so it causes problems and gets depreciated.