Small portion of wall poking through roof

LevisL

I'm pulling my hair out with this one! I have a small portion of the north wall above the trapezoid windows that pokes through the roof (plan attached), as these screenshots show. I can't figure out why or how to fix it!

I've tried:

- dragging that small portion down in section view, but it pulls the rest of the wall down too.

- checking/unchecking 'Default wall top height'... doesn't change anything.

- checking/unchecking 'Stop at ceiling above'... also doesn't change anything. 

- I also checked for errand attic walls or mis-aligned roof planes, but all seems good there.

1410096352_LivingQuarterAdditiontoShop1.thumb.png.1b2d8b51e900f93d847c4658b8206cf0.png

1188255297_LivingQuarterAdditiontoShop2.thumb.png.828036834b871ac29fde4ade418fa4dd.png

Living Quarter Addition to Shop.plan

Delete the wall.  The wall below it can build up to that level.  Place upper windows on lower wall.  You might have to tell the room to have no ceiling and then place one manually where you want it.

4 minutes ago, javatom said:

Delete the wall.

But I need that wall on the second floor to close up the 'open to below' room.

I'm starting to think this file is corrupt. I just noticed that it's showing hardwood floor in the existing shop and I can't get rid of it either!

1 hour ago, LevisL said:

I'm pulling my hair out with this one! I have a small portion of the north wall above the trapezoid windows that pokes through the roof (plan attached), as these screenshots show. I can't figure out why or how to fix it!

I've tried:

- dragging that small portion down in section view, but it pulls the rest of the wall down too.

- checking/unchecking 'Default wall top height'... doesn't change anything.

- checking/unchecking 'Stop at ceiling above'... also doesn't change anything. 

- I also checked for errand attic walls or mis-aligned roof planes, but all seems good there.

Living Quarter Addition to Shop.plan

All I did was click on the wall and make it an "attic wall"....done.  

2020-07-02_14-45-27.thumb.png.f7783c44d944513c52704faf98a18fbb.png

37 minutes ago, robdyck said:

@LevisL

None of my business but you're pretty skinny on headroom...I've got the railing set to 1.95 m in this image.

I know. This project is giving me grief! It's for a relative and trying to work with the existing shop height is challenging. We're still in the design phase though, so I'll address it before we get to con docs. I've got a couple options. Either inset the stairs a bit more, play with the roof slope/wall height/truss depth for the open to below area, or worst case, detail some sort of angled ceiling in the roof framing for that area.