Clean up corners when using break tool on deck railing

bmatth1

Does anyone else have trouble using the room divider wall?  Every time I try to use it, I get a room with 4 1/2" walls, and I have to open the walls and change it to room divider.

Sorry, I hope this is not off topic.  I thought it may apply since the room divider plays such an important role in this project. 

image.thumb.png.af33ea23ebc60194ef0474f34e07185b.png

2 hours ago, bmatth1 said:

Does anyone else have trouble using the room divider wall?  Every time I try to use it, I get a room with 4 1/2" walls, and I have to open the walls and change it to room divider.

Sorry, I hope this is not off topic.  I thought it may apply since the room divider plays such an important role in this project. 

image.thumb.png.af33ea23ebc60194ef0474f34e07185b.png

This always happens if Chief senses a structural change between rooms ie two different Ceiling Heights , it assumes a wall is needed at the height change for example, even though it is technically invisible in this case.

M.

Very good of you to do the video Eric.  At the very least you showed several good ways of doing different things.

In this case, Robert %Robdyck wins the prize though.  Simply provide two differently named rail types for the short rail type and tall (screen room) rail type and it works charm. I just copied and re-named the copies Bruce_Rail_Short and Bruce_Rail_Tall and all is well.

Bruce Deck Project_R1.plan

Tried to tag Robert...  how do you do tags??

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bmatth1 said:

Does anyone else have trouble using the room divider wall

Never use that POS. Make your own room divider wall, give it a single layer of 1/2" thickness. I have a few...example: one that has drywall as its layer, one that has opening (no material) as its layer. These will not revert to a different wall type and they are simple to control. Very helpful for connecting to the drywall layer of a typical interior wall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Never use that POS. Make your own room divider wall, give it a single layer of 1/2" thickness. I have a few...example: one that has drywall as its layer, one that has opening (no material) as its layer. These will not revert to a different wall type and they are simple to control. Very helpful for connecting to the drywall layer of a typical interior wall.

I also have several different ones in my Library , and will try them if Chief's one isn't "playing nice"

M.

41 minutes ago, bmatth1 said:

Oh my goodness.  Different names for the walls appears to have taken care of it.  Thanks.

Yup. Been there. I also have a nice screen symbol if you'd like for your screened porch. It's a fixture so you've got layer control and you can 'pull' the shades open or closed as much as you'd like for various views.

ext6-1.thumb.jpg.93e752f883ebc8f27889e14e8e11a066.jpg

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Yup. Been there. I also have a nice screen symbol if you'd like for your screened porch. It's a fixture so you've got layer control and you can 'pull' the shades open or closed as much as you'd like for various views.

ext6-1.thumb.jpg.93e752f883ebc8f27889e14e8e11a066.jpg

Did you make that screen symbol?  That looks great!

9 hours ago, rgardner said:

Did you make that screen symbol?  That looks great!

Thanks! I did make it...modeled after a one of the most widely used products whose name escapes me now. I'll post it on Monday although I may need a reminder!