How to Make Beaded or Chamfered Inset Frame on Cabinet Frame

justinorwig

As the topic suggests.  Is there a setting I am missing?  MarkMC shared a cove profile for an inset frame that I was able to download which looks awesome.  I use inset frame a lot and would to portray it better in Chief.  Thanks for any tips!

36 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Search symbols section of forum, they are there. Couple of years ago

Good morning Mark,
It sounds like the OP had found the cove profile you shared.  It sounds more like he was wondering how to use it.

10 hours ago, justinorwig said:

As the topic suggests.  Is there a setting I am missing?  MarkMC shared a cove profile for an inset frame that I was able to download which looks awesome.  I use inset frame a lot and would to portray it better in Chief.  Thanks for any tips!

Link ?

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, Grumpka said:

And X13, still no option for beaded inset cabinetry! Maybe, someday.... someday... 

I kind of doubt it. How about 2020, Autokitchen, Prokitchen ???, Not that I'm aware of,..not even with a hack ( easy with the uploaded cabinets.) Maybe Cabinetvision, dont know.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Grumpka said:

The fact you had to come up with a work-around, shows you have an interest and would like that feature!  SO?????  

What I created does everything I need quickly and easily. With a template and style palettes I can create a beaded inset kitchen, using any door style, including combined cabinets, with a complete schedule transferred to an order, faster (fewer clicks) than any of the programs you mention. So I don't  need Chief to do more with this, I'd rather they work on other things.

I don't think you understand how to use what I posted but it sounds like you've found other options that are a better fit, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For anyone who does not understand how to use the cabinets (which are Here for stand alone ones shown in the following)

Here is a typical sequence for configuring the cabinets.

914719688_Insetconfigsequence.thumb.png.bb885d4bc18fd48d6cb0d6c26993660b.png

Basically you need to select "layout" either vertical or horizontal. IF you use Layouts to split or resize you never have to mess with the beads (which are side panel inset) NOTE one thing you do not want to do is reflect the cabinet. IF you do the beads will be wrong.

IF your cabinet supplier prefers that you order individual cabinets and specify them as combined then you will want to use the cabinet at this link

These are rarely split, rather placed individually, sized and forced to overlap. This allows a combined cabinet to show up in the schedule as it's individual cabinets instead of one big cabinet.

One of these days I may get around to showing setting up a brand catalog using Style Palettes but that's been in my tod list since they came out so don't hold your breadth. I noticed the other day that Renerabbit has a videos that might give you the general idea of using palettes for individual items. (cabinets, windows and doors, panels as RR uses them)

• 2 years later...