Creating Bar Joists

AndersonMike

Greetings!

I will be specializing exclusively in warehouse design and layouts, and one of the primary tools I desperately need is for the creation of Bar Joists.

Is there any built-in tools that I'm not seeing? Or any additional libraries that I can purchase to make this easier? I have the very latest version of Chief (X12).

Thanks in advance for any ideas or information :)

Mike

2 hours ago, AndersonMike said:

Greetings!

I will be specializing exclusively in warehouse design and layouts, and one of the primary tools I desperately need is for the creation of Bar Joists.

Is there any built-in tools that I'm not seeing? Or any additional libraries that I can purchase to make this easier? I have the very latest version of Chief (X12).

Thanks in advance for any ideas or information :)

Mike

I think the answer to your question really lies in the level of accuracy you need.  For example, I could train/coach you so that you could model your own and provide you with some necessary elements to get started, but the process isn't the easiest and requires a certain level of Chief proficiency to use effectively.  On the other hand, if a general idea is all you really need to show, then Chief's floor trusses can actually work just fine and here are a few tips on the house to get you started...

Here are some basic settings...

1159957425_BarJoistsettings.thumb.png.348c6318af07126796817771ad7d99ae.png

...and the various components can be edited in the truss detail as desired (in this case I just deleted the end members and made the bottom web shorter...

1262682268_BarJoist3.thumb.jpg.d9eac2cefb08c2db39c9cfc26fad2131.jpg

...after the trusses are built and multi-copied, you can reduce the depth of the floor structure, and visually it's not too shabby at all...

1252416214_BarJoist2.thumb.jpg.910e31a30554a5eba1e424d85a708e23.jpg449455509_BarJoist1.thumb.jpg.bcfb9247a26be5f81b8c373a2c266210.jpg

Here's a quick crappy example plan too...

Bar joist example plan.plan