Where can I find more Door/Window styles

Clevinger

There are a variety of door styles already in the core library as well as a number of other custom and manufacturer door styles available online that you can find using the Get Additional Content Online.

In addition, you can create a large number of different door styles using the built in tools for our parametric doors.  Open the door specification dialog and explore the options available.

Also, you can also create your own custom door panel symbols using a combination of the other built in modeling tools.  And finally, you can also import your own door panel symbols using a 3D model from some other program as long as it is a compatible 3D file format.

More information can be found in the training videos and through the help system.  When and if you get stuck, then feel free to post more specific questions here.  There is almost always someone available who will be able to help you solve the issue.

• Upvote 1

• BrianBeck changed the title to Where can I find more Door/Window styles

...now if only we could control door inset (like windows) so they can be correctly positioned. Covering up cavity gaps gets onerous as does symbol workarounds for the cases where the position is way off where it would be in practice ;-)

Before anyone asks - I've submitted this several times as a suggestion which pictures so just hoping it will make an appearance one day!

now if only we could control door inset (like windows) so they can be correctly positioned.

Don't the settings on the Jamb panel of the Door Specification dbx do what you want (there is an Inset setting amongst others).

Similar to the window settings on the Frame panel in the window dbx.

The big problem is that the door jambs are a rectangle and can't be changed to a different shape as is needed for things like rebated door jambs.