Superscript Re-Sizing Font

EmmaCox

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:
15 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Just following along here Michael but a 12pt text pasted directly into plan view comes in at 6" while that same 12pt text pasted into a Rich Text DBX set to 6" comes in at 2 9/64".   User issue or Chief ?

Don't know.  Doesn't work that way for me. 

Ah....    It only works if  your "Zoom Factor" is set to 100%.

Just one more thing that could be considered misleading in the manual. "This setting only affects the text as it appears in this dialog."

30 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

More likely than not, when you did it in the past, you pasted it directly into a Rich Text box that already had the number height set appropriately and so you never had to go through the resize process.  If you simply paste directly into the plan, it will come in at a size that is proportional to what it was in Word.  To get what you want, open a Rich Text box, set the number height appropriately, and then paste what you copied from Word.

I tried this at the start, but for some reason it still wants to change the height automatically to a slightly higher fractioned number. I've came up with a way to sort of solve the issue, I used the transform replicate to resize the rich text to get it closer to the height I want.

PS thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!! :)

Pasting.PNG.3fda0c765e57d3270e198fedc631c997.PNG     Resize.thumb.PNG.8dc9c15e54acec9dc3c50005fe02b8e8.PNG

1958026878_NewHeight.PNG.8b0931ae1622ac5c843af7b58b06e7a0.PNG

4 minutes ago, EmmaCox said:

I tried this at the start, but for some reason it still wants to change the height automatically to a slightly higher fractioned number.

I think my conflicting results have something to do with my workflow.  My OOB settings in Word use 11 point text (although 12 point seems to work as well).  Try starting with an 11 or 12 point text in Word and I think you'll find that it works better.  It seems to behave differently depending on the source text size.

12 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Try starting with an 11 or 12 point text in Word and I think you'll find that it works better.  It seems to behave differently depending on the source text size.

I tried copying from 11 and 12 in word and it still pastes as a slightly higher fractioned number in chief, very weird.

The transform replicate resizing works alright, although I am a bit OCD with the sizes being exact, it will do for now!

Thanks Michael!

8 minutes ago, EmmaCox said:

I tried copying from 11 and 12 in word and it still pastes as a slightly higher fractioned number in chief, very weird.

The transform replicate resizing works alright, although I am a bit OCD with the sizes being exact, it will do for now!

Thanks Michael!

No problem.  Glad you got it figured out.  On a side note though, I would really encourage you to adjust your workflow and find and use a different font you like so that you can employ actual superscript characters.  Your experience will be a lot easier and far more stable. It just feels like you're doing a lot of work to keep things not only manually synced, but also hoping nothing gets changed on accident so that you lose the "superscript" formatting.