Cannot Resize Carport Lug Walls using Dimensions

DeltaHome

I can lengthen the short wall segments at the left corner of the Entry and the right corner of the Carport by highlighting the wall and clicking on the Dimension which displays for those segments of the wall.

But I cannot lengthen or shorten the lug walls (the narrow walls between the archway openings) by clicking on the Dimension.

I am stuck in my tracks until I get this problem solved.

Attached are some snips of relevant settings.

If that proves insufficient, I would also upload the plan file, but I request that it not be republished to youtube.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

The program is excellent.  And I am learning. But I have little experience with the program and there are significant holes in my knowledge.

East Wall 0.JPG

East Wall 0.JPG

East Wall 1.JPG

East Wall 2.JPG

East Wall 3.JPG

East Wall 4.JPG

East Wall 5.JPG

East Wall 6.JPG

East Wall 7.JPG

East Wall 8.JPG

East Wall 9.JPG

East Wall 10.JPG

East Wall 11.JPG

East Wall 12.JPG

East Wall 13.JPG

East Wall 14.JPG

East Wall 15.JPG

East Wall 16.JPG

East Wall 17.JPG

East Wall 18.JPG

Well you have earned your username with me.

It worked.  Thank you.

But it is odd.

When I click on the archway, it does not highlight but the movement cross does appear.  And I can, in fact, move the archway left or right along the wall with the lug walls resizing as I go.  But what is best, but weird, is that when I have the movement cross up on the archway, I can click on the lug wall Dimension and it changes to a blue resize box which I can then resize as requested in the thread title. Perfect!

It is weird because when the movement cross is up on the archway, I cannot click on the archway Dimension to resize the archway width.

(BTW, I spent ~6 hours researching this issue by binge watching the Dimensions tutorials, and reading the software's Help Topic, and searching this ChiefTalk forum.)

You took less than a minute. 

I owe you an alcoholic or nonalcoholic beverage of your choice it we ever meet.

Thank you.

East Wall 0-1.JPG

When you select the arch and get the movement cursor (or the 2 headed resize cursor - depending on which grip you hover over), drag one side of the arch to resize it.

You will then be able to click on the arch width dimension and edit it's width.

• Like 1