Gambrel Dormer?

gobuildone

Alvarado plan 1-Layout.pdfAlvarado plan 1-Layout.pdfAlvarado plan 1-Layout.pdfGreetings,   I am trying to draw an existing house as a rough plan so I can design a 2-story room addition attached to the back.   The house is a 1940's construction over a basement with 2 crawl sections on the L&R ends.   A 24x36 garage has been added recently.   I currently have this as a 2-story house, with a one story garage even though there is a room space inside the garage trusses... I am not attaching my addition to the garage, nor detailing it, so I don't care.    

I do need to detail the house second floor hallway/ room connections/ layouts.   

Do I need to draw the existing second floor as an attic to the first floor and pop out a dormer to make this work?    

Thank you,

TP

I'm running X8  on a Surface Pro 3 with i7 chip

Gambrel dwelling 1.jpg

Alvarado plan 1-Layout.pdf

Gambrel dwelling 2.jpg

Edited by gobuildone
Uploading pdf

You need a second floor as noted otherwise Chief won't allow roos on the 2nd story.

Build your Roof in the Gambrel Style with the IGNORE 2nd floor check box on in the Build Roof DBX

Then cut holes in the Roof planes and add your Shed Dormer(s) manually.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00915/creating-a-dormer-in-a-roof-with-multiple-pitches.html

Mick.