Two room selections

Thercc75

I am fairly new to CA. I am drawing a plan over a CAD plan. I am trying to select the garage to give it a room name and the selection  picks up another part of the floor plan, but i don't know how to fix this.

Second question. How do I combine two of these grey selection areas on the floor plan to make one room?

CA Room selection.PNG

I just solved my first question.

My second question is about if I have to grey areas for room selection to combine them under one room name. I have selected both of these grey areas. The one on the left is the great room but he area to the right I want to add that space to as one area.

CA combine  areas.PNG

Your Garage is already labeled.  If what you want is a Grarage/Kitchen they would need to be adjoined by the Hallway.

Super strange situation though.  There must be an issue with your party wall.

As Eric says post the plan and clarify the question.

Other wise...    Welcome to ChiefTalk. :)

Answer for question 2:

Remove the room divider or just have one label and move it so it looks like it applies to the whole area by being centered, but that may be confusing if you are using a schedule.

I deleted a wall and redrew it and it solved the problem. Somehow they got connected from the garage. The Shelter room was drawn as a concrete wall with sheetrock on either side. Drawing the interior wall up to it from the firewall was creating a gap some where, though i couldn't see it. Deleting it and redrawing it solved the issue, now they are both separate areas.

Not related to the subject.

Just curious, where are you located or where is this house going to be built.  Had lived in Missouri for many years, I've done many homes with exterior shelters or basement access, but none in the middle of a home.  Just thought it was unique...   

I live in St Joseph, MO. but the house is going to be built in Prairie Village, KS., which is part of the greater Kansas City area by a builder from Manhattan, KS.,  whom I am doing some side work for.  He uses CA exclusively and this is my first experience with it.  It is common on newer house in this area for past 20 years or so to put storm shelters under the front porch and have a suspended slab above.