Shed Roof Into a Gambrel

HarrisReno

I would like to cover my front deck with a shed roof. I actually built three front decks so that the sides could be a shed roof and the center could be a gambrel. The body of the house has a gambrel roof, as well. I'm not sure if building three separate decks was correct...? I'm attaching pictures that illustrate the problem I'm having. My attempt at a shed roof causes many problems. I have more details typed in the images for an easier reference. Also, one image is a "rough" example of the shed roof I'd like to create. Please let me know if I'm not providing enough information, and thank you in advance for your help. 

CORRECT-FRONT.jpg

EXAMPLE-SHED-ROOF.jpg

CORRECT-SIDE.jpg

SHED-EXTRA-RIDGE-MISSING-DORMER.jpg

SHED-TOO-STEEP.jpg

Thank you so much for such a speedy reply!

I tried the 4" pitch, but a 2" pitch was closer to my ideal end result. However, my roof is overhanging extensively. I did modify the length of the overhang in the wall DBX, but it made no change. 

How should I bring the overhang in?

SHED-OVERHANG.jpg

4 hours ago, HarrisReno said:

How should I bring the overhang in?

If still using Roof Autobuild? , play with the Same Eave Height and Same Roof Height at Ext. Walls Settings , ie one or the other On or Off or both Off etc, but you may need to go Manual at some point.

Info from the Manual...

Specify how you would like the eaves of roof planes with different pitches to meet. See Aligning Eaves.
• Check Same Roof Height at Exterior Walls to keep bearing walls the same height and change horizontal roof overhang distances as needed so that eaves meet correctly. When checked, this option ignores any overhang values you may have entered in the Wall Specification dialog. See Aligning Eaves.

Uncheck this option to raise or lower some roof planes relative to the wall’s top plate, allowing all horizontal overhangs to be the same unless a non-default value has been entered in the Wall Specification dialog. See Roof Directives in Walls.
• Check Same Height Eaves to keep the eave height for all roof planes the same. Roof planes are raised and lowered as needed so that eaves meet correctly. 

The eave height used when this box is checked is that of a roof plane using the default Pitch and Overhang values. When this box is checked, all roof planes are affected, including those that do not need adjustment in order to align with adjacent planes.

When Same Height Eaves is checked, any non-default overhang values specified in the Wall Specification dialog are used. Roof planes are raised or lowered so that the eave height is the same, regardless of the horizontal overhang.
• Uncheck Allow Low Roof Planes only when an upper floor overhangs roof planes below.