Site Plan setup

Cavemanwf

There should be no conversions necessary.  Easting and Northing are essentially just the linear equivalent of their globular longitude and latitude cousins.  Because they're linear all you need to do is enter those numbers using something like the input line tool.  Here's a quick complimentary video and the resulting plan file...

https://youtu.be/iAPDYWGosPA

Plot plan.plan

• Like 1

Just now, glennw said:

You will need to scale the mm drawing by 1000, not 100 to get the correct size in metres. 

Oops.  My bad :)  Boy do I feel silly.  Thanks Glenn.  I like to think if it was more than a quick example, I would have thought about it a little more and made sure I got it right...I guess I'll never know though.

12 minutes ago, glennw said:

You will need to scale the mm drawing by 1000, not 100 to get the correct size in metres. 

Beaten to it.... yes rather small lot currently at 8m x 6.6m    but thanks for the Vid. we don't use Northing and Eastings here.....

Maybe worth moving to the Tips section though since I think that is the 1st time I have seen this asked here...

Turning on Line Lengths and Angles helps for Plot Plans too.

M. 

Just now, glennw said:

Or, even easier, just draw it in metres in the first place.

Northings and eastings are specified in metres as standard.

I thought I mentioned it in the video, maybe not, but my decision to draw in mm was very deliberate.  It just gets a lot more complicated in Chief to deal with objects that are drawn too far out in space.  Chief seems to handle it just fine up to a certain point, but anything beyond that point becomes a lot more complicated.  I'm never quite sure where that line is and didn't want to risk it since those numbers seemed so big.  If you end up testing it with direct meter input, let me know if it's problematic or not.  I really don't know, and I'm curious...just not curious enough to draw it again.

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

There should be no conversions necessary.  Easting and Northing are essentially just the linear equivalent of their globular longitude and latitude cousins.  Because they're linear all you need to do is enter those numbers using something like the input line tool.  Here's a quick complimentary video and the resulting plan file...

https://youtu.be/iAPDYWGosPA

Plot plan.plan

Thx so much

it was the return point that portly threw me

but you helped heaps

once again thx